PDA

View Full Version : curious about fuel for sr20det red top

**DONOTDELETE**
08-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Are the sr20det injectors big enough for a walbro 255 pump upgrade and if so how much is the 300zxtt pump vs the walbro or bbk pump. And can i run more than 7psi on the stock ka fuel pump in the meantime

**DONOTDELETE**
08-12-2002, 01:51 PM
I dunno anything about the fuel pump comparison but I'm pretty sure you can run your sr20 at stock boost for now...remember just not to race or slam on your gas pedal on a cold night or whatever...

Beef
08-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Yes, you can run a Walbro, 300zxTT, etc with the stock SR injectors. I'm not sure on the flow differences between them, but I do remember a thread quite some time ago that went into detail about that. Try searching around a bit... You could probably find the info on the Z pump on one of the 300zx forums.

People have run more than 7psi with the stock KA pump, but it is not recommended. You'll be fine at 7psi. For the small cost and ease of install, get an upgraded fuel pump.

KenFuji
08-13-2002, 12:51 AM
with a walbro and bpu no fmic you should be fine up to 12psi. depends on the climate. i have yet to test the a/f ratio on the dyno yet, so i'm just going by what people have done in the past. every car and engine act a little different so i like to test these things out before i boost up. i have no egt guage so i don't know what the limits of the smic would be for sure.

with my stock fuelpump i was just right around 13:1 at 9psi so i wouldn't boost more then 8psi or anymore then stock if i where you.

the z32tt does flow more then walboro but, you won't really need the z32 ttfp unless your making some major hp.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-13-2002, 03:17 PM
hmm interesting so i was also interested in getting a fuel pump...but im planning on overboosting to 14psi overall or about 1 bar should i do the 300zx pump instead of the walbro. Im also planning on upgrading the turbo in 5 months