PDA

View Full Version : noise issue by throttle body

**DONOTDELETE**
08-12-2002, 03:27 PM
I have an red top sr20 in my 89 coupe and sometimes when I drive my car or when i just let it idle on the driveway or something with the hood open...I hear this noise like it's leaking air or something by the throttle body...I'm not sure...but it's coming from the intake manifold area. Anyone may know what that is?

Also my clutch pedal is kinda dead right now...2 weeks ago I bleeded the clutch and changed clutch slave cylinder. The clutch pedal sometimes pops out all the way and sometimes it only comes up halfway. Could it be the clutch pedal spring that is wearing out?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-14-2002, 01:36 AM
anyone?

08-14-2002, 07:54 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
Also my clutch pedal is kinda dead right now...2 weeks ago I bleeded the clutch and changed clutch slave cylinder. The clutch pedal sometimes pops out all the way and sometimes it only comes up halfway.

[/QUOTE]
When you changed the slave cylinder and bled the system (I presume you did it in that order), did the fluid in the reservoir, at any time, get low enough to allow air to get into the master cylinder? And if so, did you then "bench bleed" it. Because if you didn't (bench bleed), then there could still be air in the MC that no amount of normal bleeding will get out.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-14-2002, 06:51 PM
The pedal is actually fine now Thanks.

Cicero
08-14-2002, 07:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
I have an red top sr20 in my 89 coupe and sometimes when I drive my car or when i just let it idle on the driveway or something with the hood open...I hear this noise like it's leaking air or something by the throttle body...I'm not sure...but it's coming from the intake manifold area. Anyone may know what that is?

[/QUOTE] Occasionally I will hear it hum around that area. Does it subside some or, go away after you rev it?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-14-2002, 11:28 PM
Yes it does go away after I rev it. Know what that problem might be?

mattmartindrift
08-15-2002, 12:40 AM
vacuum leak, bad TB gasket? rough edge between TB and intake mani. Could create noise as air passes turbulently through.

Matt

**DONOTDELETE**
08-15-2002, 03:04 PM
yeah could be...I hope spraying that area with soapy water can detect any air leakage. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

uiuc240
08-15-2002, 03:10 PM
spray it with carb cleaner. if rpms go up, theres a leak.

Eric