PDA

View Full Version : stupid differential question

danwagar
08-14-2002, 11:20 PM
well i was doing this really big burnout yesterday brake torquing it and then lifting off brakes and pealing out for like 40 ft. anyways the point is i have a base s13 no hicas or abs and so i shouldn't have a lsd, so shouldn't i just have one long black mark????? this is prolly a stupid question i know, im gonna put it up in the air tomorow and spin the wheels around to see how they move.

p.s. hopefully soon i will have a pic of me in scc, i am gonna fry my tires down to the rims, i am doing it as soon as my new wheels and tires come in right before i change them. anyways im gonna take a pic and send it to scc they seem to be fond of big burnouts http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Dousan_PG
08-14-2002, 11:32 PM
tomorrow when you jack it up, just turn one wheel and see which way the other turns. same way=VLSD. opposite=open diff

or look at the diff., on the side it will say VISCOUS LSD..or something ot that effect

orion
08-14-2002, 11:36 PM
My open diff would always leave 2 black lines for the majority of the standing burnouts I did. If you're even slighty turned, one wheel will usually take over and spin wildly - Perfectly straight and both will spin.

I hope you do have one, though... - Brian

danwagar
08-14-2002, 11:39 PM
yeah i prolly don't have one i am just being hopeful http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif the thing is i didn't brake torque right away i popped the clutch and then hit the brakes and the hole car shifted sideways when i did this and then when i let off the brakes i was fishtailing alot. oh well we will see when i lift it up i guess. thanks for the help.

mattmartindrift
08-15-2002, 12:44 AM
y do you wanna be in SCC, it is blowing up the 240 world w/ honda ricers, try to keep the Nissan world quiet, it's much better that way IMO.

Matt

**DONOTDELETE**
08-15-2002, 01:42 AM
yeah, people have been approaching me about wanting to buy my car past few weeks "hey i wanna 240, i been looking at the erebuni shogun kits, they're PHAT!" and talk of swapping the elusive "sr20det j-spec." As opposed to the a-spec super super elusive version.

Voltron
08-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Werd.