PDA

View Full Version : Elec. problem (fuel pump relay), need help

S13wannabe
08-15-2002, 09:02 AM
I've had this problem for a while now, and I've been tracking it down little by little. My fuel pump circuit is draining my battery when the car is shut off. I found that the EGI relay is staying energized. So, I guess there's a problem with whatever sends power to it. Probably comes from somewhere in the ignition. I do have an Apex'i timer, but I don't think it's bad, cuz my whole ignition system would be staying on if it was, I think. Does anybody have an FSM that can look up the power source for this relay for me ? I appreciate any help or recommendations. If I can't find any good help here, I'm going to be forced to dish out the cash to have a shop fix it. Thanks again, in advance.

Mike

toadgee
08-15-2002, 11:07 AM
I have almost the same problem, but instead of the ECU relay staying on all the time, mine never comes on which means I never get fuel pumped into the engine. I had to wire up a switch to the ECU relay that I have to turn on every time I wanna start the car, and click it off after I drive it so it doesn't drain the battery. I was advised it was the ignition switch in my dash, but I haven't had the time (or the effort) to dig around in there and find it.

S13wannabe
08-15-2002, 08:19 PM
^^^