PDA

View Full Version : help !!! i need to decide about that 190$ radiator

Super13
08-15-2002, 08:19 PM
hey all i am wondering wether or not to go with that 3 core brass vs an 2 core aluminum <all>. one im not sure wether or not the brass radiator is all brass or if it has that plastic crap at the top like an OEM one. also i need honest opinions, i would really appreciate the two cents, if anyone feels like giving

s13SRmadness
08-15-2002, 08:25 PM
find out if the brass is all brass. there has to be a way for you to get in touch with the manufacturer.
brass is heavy. i personally think aluminum will also do a good job, is lighter, and can be found as cheap.
try griffin radiators. i think a few people have custom rigged these into their car and it worked out well.
good luck.

Super13
08-15-2002, 08:32 PM
because the SR and KA feed out from a different side to the radiator, would it be bad if i fed out then accross to where the SR would feed in to the radiator. simpler terms, would it be bad to run a long pipe <supported> accross the side of the radiator and in the other side?

AZ_Dave
08-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Many swappers do this....i think srswap.com has a kit for it

**DONOTDELETE**
08-15-2002, 10:42 PM
i went with a koyo rad, i havn't driven the car yet (we finish the intercooling pipes and exhaust saturday) but i already am pleased with it!