PDA

View Full Version : inner tie rod removal? please help

champa
08-15-2002, 09:56 PM
well i hit a curb pretty bad the other day and my drive side inner tie is bent. the problem is that i can't figure out how to remove it from the rack & pinion. do i need a special tool or something?
TIA...

Black2Forty
08-15-2002, 11:48 PM
big ass wrench..theres like a square retaining clip that u take off...then it just unscrews..mine was tough, but thats the best i could figure... one of the only times i couldnt find any help on here with a problem i had. it was actually real easy once i realized what i had 2 actually do. good luck.

champa
08-16-2002, 03:39 PM
hey thanks. i finally gave up trying to figure it out and just went to autozone to buy a new one. once i saw the new piece i knew right off how to take it out. it was so easy to do. just needed a big enough wrench.

Black2Forty
08-17-2002, 01:30 AM
yup i was the same way...a week of letting the car sit, tryin 2 find out what a new steering rack would cost, since i didnt know that u could take just that piece off. thinking about how much it would cost 2 get it all repaired. then i went to auto zone and bought the part, i was the same way...i said this thing is gonna be easy, and it is.