PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to Build a KA24DE For Turbo?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-16-2002, 01:36 PM
I found a KA24DE with 11k miles. should I just turbo that motor... what would be safe PSI I can run on a unbilt KA with proper fuel mangement.. I was thiking of putting in Foreged Pistons and Rods along with a PDM Cams. then turbo the motor later..... what should I do.. how strong is a stock KA24DE

ADAM HUTCHINSON
08-16-2002, 01:51 PM
max 15psi... use the search function tons of info...

**DONOTDELETE**
08-16-2002, 01:54 PM
build instead of re-build..

ADAM HUTCHINSON
08-16-2002, 01:58 PM
what are purple show off lights? those little leds in windshield washers?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-16-2002, 02:58 PM
they are just purple bulbs made by "showoff" anway...

do most ppl build up KA's before they turbo them just just turbo them and run 8psi.... If i build my KA with Rods and Pistons then what could I safely push in that motor ?

'97 S14 SE Turbo
08-16-2002, 03:15 PM
Don't bother rebuilding the motor to run 8psi.

With forged piston and other components, oh, with right sort of fuel and related system, 25psi or whatever the turbo and your wallet can handle.

Esporque
08-16-2002, 03:16 PM
You need to use the search function and read about the trial and tribulations of the many KA turbos. No need to even limit it to FA, you can look on amaraok.org lists or some of the others out there. This questions has been answered many times.

That said there are two that come to mind that are making 300+ rwhp on stock internals both running jwt engine management. Search for there setups. People are pushing nearly 350 rwhp with stock internals, with excellent tuning more *MAY* be possible.

On the other hand I know quite a few people who have blown up ka's with much less hp b/c they were not tuned correctly (fuel management) and detonated at 4-5 psi.

What you need to know is stock pistons are cast with small rings lands, if you detonate they will get damaged (and if you're unlucky take block etc with them).

-Alex