PDA

View Full Version : 240 just got real loud.

no_face
08-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Ok so im driving through town and the s13 sounds fine. I go to get on the hwy and this big rig is blocking so I drop it in 3rd and bolt. When I released the clutch and took off my car got really load as if I was running a open header.
Well at home I looked around and nothing seems to be disconnected, cracked or broke. I have a nice exhaust flow coming from the muffler and when I look under the car it looks connected. The heat shield is blocking my header and exhaust connection so I cannot tell if the issue is there. But its just so loud.
I pulled the plug wires one at a time and it seems all cylinders are fireing. When I turn off the car I get a "clunk, clunk" right before it goes off. It doesnt sound like a internal engine noise but more like somthing is bumping up against something.
Its the stock KA24DE with no mods except a custom intake.
Any ideas, tips, things to check.. I have to get this fixed so I can go to the scca nationals at the end of the month. Club4ag will be there http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif And I want to see them run.

Thanks

uiuc240
08-16-2002, 02:58 PM
i'd take of the exhaust manifold heat shield and see if any of the bolts there came loose. or maybe your exhaust has a rust hole that you can't see. there are lots of things that can cause symptoms like you are having. if you can't find it, take it to meineke and have them check it.

Eric

mattmartindrift
08-17-2002, 03:56 PM
could have blown out an exhaust gasket somewhere

matt

AZ_Dave
08-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Does it sound like a go-kart? a few of my bolts broke off of my ka exhaust manifold, and the result was a pretty loud, go-kartish sound.

dave