PDA

View Full Version : S13 Whiteline Shock and Swaybar Settings???

fsae_alum
08-17-2002, 09:36 AM
I just ordered a Whiteline Works kit, strut tower braces, and subframe spacers. I am wondering what everybody else is using for the Koni shock settings that come with the kit and likewise for the swaybar settings. I am looking for maximum grip. Thanks for the info.

240Lunatic
08-17-2002, 01:19 PM
UIUC240 (Eric) is the only one that I know of who has that setup. I am not sure which settings he has gone with on his however. You may want to try and find his contact info or look on the whiteline website, I believe they have some suspension settings for different types of drivers.

Sean

Mav1178
08-17-2002, 01:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
I am looking for maximum grip.

[/QUOTE]

That would be dependent on your tires.

You want enough roll so that you can maximize the grip on the outer tire (in a turn), but not so much weight transfer that it overloads the amount of traction the tire has.

-alex

fsae_alum
08-17-2002, 03:34 PM
That would ultimately be correct with regards to the tires. I am running Kuhmo Ecsta 712's all around. Am really looking for neutral handling (I.E. shock and swaybar settings that dont send my back end around at the slightest flick of the steering wheel).

uiuc240
08-19-2002, 09:29 AM
I currently have mine setup like this:

front bar @ full hard
rear bar @ full soft
shocks all set at 1/2

and i have a front strut bar.

I really like this setup. It's very neutral and responsive. It's easy to hold it steady at the limit (on-ramps and such)...however, in my case, once boost comes on, I have to pay attention, or the ass will come out.

Steve (240 2NR / Architract) has his set basically the same, but the rear shocks are on 3/4 stiff. I haven't driven his car so I can't comment.

Eric

halz
08-19-2002, 02:14 PM
Are there any pictures of these whiteline suspension components? The shocks/springs, specifically..

edit: speeling

SuperHatch
08-19-2002, 07:11 PM
I am currently running Whiteline Springs with Koni Yellows, but I am still using the stock swaybars with urethane bushings. I have no strut tower braces installed as of yet. I have the front struts set on 3/4 and the rears at 1/2. The suspension feels more balanced this way, but there is a problem with understeer when driving at the limit. As reference, I am running Dunlop SP8000s 225/50-15s all the way around. I would normally soften up the front strut settings to combat the understeer, but the car does not feel balanced when hitting bumps with less dampening in the front. I am hoping a set of adjustable swaybars will be able to sorrect my understeering problem. Oh, my rear struts are 300ZX units allowing me to run the Rear Z32 Aluminum Uprights. That may make a difference.

- Steve