PDA

View Full Version : Need help with AVC-R .... 1bad180sx or ANYONE else

ka24det
08-18-2002, 11:00 PM
I was wondering how you connected the Tial wastegate to the solenoid valve of the boost controller. Should I put the solenoid in series in between the wastegate actuator and the pressure side of thecompressor housing? The install tells me to use both nipples on the Tial wastegate (side and top), but it sounds weird to do that. I was thinking to just put the solenoid in between the side nipple of the WG and the pressure side of the compressor housing. Any help is appreciated.

NOTE: Right now I just have a hose from the pressure side of the compressor STRAIGHT to the side nipple of the wastegate (top nipple is not connected).

KmanSilvia
08-19-2002, 08:50 AM
There is a third port on the AVCR solenoid valve that is supposed to connect up to the second port on the Tial. Not sure which is top or bottom, but IIRC the AVCR manual shows how to do this. If you do not have the manual it is available. Here (http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocumentation/electronics_savcr_ins.pdf)
HTH

ka24det
08-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Well, I installed it the way it says to in the instructions (even though it didn't make much sense at first). Everything appears to be working fine. However, the solenoid valve is LOUD. There's a very fast and loud clicking sound when the solenoid is switching. I wonder if that's normal...

Enthalpy
08-19-2002, 07:49 PM
yes that is normal. it opens and closes much like a Fuel injector

KmanSilvia
08-20-2002, 08:58 AM
Did you mount the solenoid on the supplied rubber insulator? mine is and does not make any noise, although the manual does say that noise is normal.