PDA

View Full Version : New 240SX !

Accordster
08-19-2002, 01:29 PM
I'd like to say I'm glad to join this forum--although I've been registered here a while, I have just recently obtained a Nissan. The car I bought is Rogue's 1989 240SX coupe with the redtop SR20DET swap he performed a few months ago. I am very pleased with the car, and although it's only been a week I'm really enjoying the wonders of RWD boost .

This car was a project, so it's in fairly original shape other than the engine swap. I'm considering my first round of mods, which will probably entail an FMIC, fuel management, and raised boost on the stock turbo. Nothing too wild until I learn a little bit about working under the hood.

Here's a question for anyone in the DC area--is there anyone who runs a shop who has experience with SR20DETs in this area? If I screw something up, or need routine maintenance/tuning that is currently beyond my ability, I'd like to know if there's someone I can take the car to.

Thanks,
Ryan

**DONOTDELETE**
08-19-2002, 02:06 PM
HA! Congrats bud. Your running around with my Mafs and hot IC pipe!
No shops that specialize in SR's (yet) here but myself and a couple friends including rouge have all done our swaps ourselves. Feel free to ask us any questions or if your in dire need of help we have no problem working on your car. I also have a slew of s13 parts in case something on your SR breaks.

Enjoy!!
Jed
PS come to the next meet!!

Esporque
08-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Like Jed said, around here it is DIY with the help of friends. In fact I'd even say avoid the local shops like the plague. If I had any sense about me (and some spare capital), I'd start a shop around here that actually knew what they were doing and did work professionally. In any event have fun with your new toy. If you want a suggestion, I'd slap an s13 silvia front end on there and get a fresh coat of alpine white.

Jed, is there another meet coming up anytime soon?

-Alex

**DONOTDELETE**
08-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Yep i think its on the 24th. Going to rosen autosport for their dyno.
Check out the events section at zilvia.
That's be great if you could come, I'd love to have you take a look at my new turbo (not on the car yet).

S13wannabe
08-19-2002, 02:45 PM
Congrats on your purchase man, have fun !!

Foxcolt, has anyone asked Datsun Dynamics if they have experience with the SR20DET ? I just found them on the web today and called them, I'm going to have them fix my electrical problem. They seem to get a lot of work, told me they're booked up for at least the next week. They work very closely with Thunderpaw Racing, which specializes in race prepping.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-19-2002, 02:52 PM
I called them a long time ago to see if they could get me an SR. Seems like they have some experience with USDM fwd Sr's. I don't think they've done a 240 sr swap before.

Esporque
08-19-2002, 03:03 PM
what's your electrical problem? I might be able to help as I'm an EE.

Jed: springfield mall in front of target this sat @ what time? I think I'll join you guys... don't know if I'll do any pulls though. Sans turbo it'd be kinda silly.

-Alex

Steeles
08-19-2002, 03:04 PM
didnt I congratulate you on Clubsi? http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif congrats again

**DONOTDELETE**
08-19-2002, 05:02 PM
10:OO am I think. contact Jonathan(civicKilla240) He's setting it up.