PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers....JIC, cusco

Voltron
08-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Anyone out there using a coilover setup they really like? Why do you like it? I am looking into a good coilover with a pillowball upper mount for my street car. I autox regularly.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2002, 03:54 PM
I am currently running JIC's on my S13 and have no complaints.

nismo604
08-31-2002, 04:13 PM
Just bought some JIC FLT-A2's will post when they arrive and get installed.

CWest, question did you end up needing spacers for extra clearance.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm running 17x7.5 +40 offset for the front and needed 3mm spacers. But another S13 owner picked up some JIC's and 17x7 +43 5Zigen MK5's and they cleared fine. Just the 17x7.5 was an issue and needed spacers.

jookybanana
08-31-2002, 06:26 PM
Zeal Function B2 or B6 are good

SLoWaSs13
08-31-2002, 06:27 PM
i have jic sf-1 coilovers and i like them, nice street/track coilover. im runnin 18x7.5 rims with a =40 or =45 offset, i hve no idea, but they just clear, by like 3 mm lol, im gettin spacers soon.

orion
08-31-2002, 07:57 PM
Don't know if you're set on JIC or Cusco, but check out Tein. I just got some HEs (one of the last sets in the US) and I love 'em.

8k front, 6k rear, 24 way adjustable...hehe. And camber plates up front, pillow balls all around. Good stuff...

Tein has discontinued the HEs to push the 'Flex' line, but the HAs are excellent as well.

Later - Brian

pSY trek
09-01-2002, 10:14 PM
Are you sure the Tein HE's are discontinued? The Tein USA website says the HE's are a special order item from Japan now.

-Stanley

KAkiller
09-01-2002, 10:36 PM
HKS Hiper Max II Coilovers with the basic 7/5 spring rate ~ Hands down one of the best mods on my 13 other then the cup holders

KenFuji
09-02-2002, 12:26 AM
i have jic sf-1, the most basic coil-overs.
all that extra jibba-jabba = more money to tune to get it right. it's just a hand full as it is right now for me with the basic camber and ride height adjustments.

IMO there really isn't much difference between all of the different brands nad models of coilovers "if" you not going to use it properly. if you don't go out and corner weight your everything adjustable suspension and do track events then it's mostly for the bling factor.

Imo the best bang for the buck coil-over is the Tein Flex. i would get the Tein Flex, due to the similar adjustablity of the Higher end and expensive coil-overs but also with the option of the EDFC which is similar to toyota's tems from the ma70 supra's and you can always get stiffer springs if you feel the flex is too soft(which i doubt you will). but like i said earlier. if your not going to get them tuned to fit your needs it's like putting on a big adjustable wing on your car not to decrease your lap times but, for the pupose of the bling. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Voltron
09-03-2002, 01:29 PM
I just checked out Teins website and it says the HEs are for "sideways" or drift driving. The HAs are more what I am looking for. I like the price alot too. I wonder how long after placing an order it would actually take to get them? I am not in a big hurry or anything. My brother ordered a Greddy Type 24 intercooler kit from Japan and it took 4 or 5 months if I rember corectly.

KenFuji
09-08-2002, 05:52 AM
should be too long. from what i was told by tein, they a have their own US hq along with a stock room so it should be days or weeks, not months. didn't you guys notice there was a huge decrease in price for teins this year? http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

95silvia
09-08-2002, 02:05 PM
im using cusco comp2's now for the last 3 years and they're stiff but thats how i like it.

Red180sx
09-08-2002, 04:41 PM
have had ha's for a few months now, and im not really impressed by them. of course i still need to upgrade wheels/tires and pillow ball mount, and need to correct the camber. maybe after all that they might be better, but i had to go all out again id get something a little more superior. (nothing gainst tein, they mke a good product)

clearview
09-10-2002, 10:47 AM
anyone know where i can get jic flt=a2 instruction book in english.

bwalker240
09-10-2002, 11:59 AM
I'd pick up the Tein Flex over the HA (just based on features). The stock spring rate is 6/5, and as said earlier, u can pick up stiffer coils from Tein for $60 a piece or something like that. If you wanted an 8/6 rate, then u would only have to get the 8's and then swap around before a track event.

From my own experience, the Tein's ride both on and off track is far superior to the Koni adjustable/Eibach sportline setup i started with a couple of years ago.