PDA

View Full Version : You decide yourself, was this worth it?

runyun972
09-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I thought any future buyers should know this.

1. Aug 3rd 2001, ordered S15 front clip (1 month promise on delivery)
2. mid-Nov 2001 (3 1/2 months later) Received front clip. Missing driveshaft, will be on next container shipment in December
3. June 2002, Received HALF of the drive shaft (10 months now)
4. Sent email, seller states he does not and cannot get the other half of the driveshaft (1 of many attempts)[see A]
5. TWO days later, stumbled on a post by the same seller, he is now selling another front clip WITH a S15 complete driveshaft.[see B]
[[A]]
----- Original Message -----
To: (edit: deleted)
Cc:
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 6:42 AM
Subject: Driveshaft

XXXX(edited),

You forgot to include the back half of the driveshaft.
Please send it to me asap.

Thank you
Eddie
///////////

(His reply)
Subject: Re: Driveshaft
Creation Date: 8/14/02 11:43AM
sorry I DO NOT HAVE THIS AND PLEASE USE A a ka24de one please
thank you
(edit : name deleted)
[[B]]
"s15 front clip / s15 LSD / drive shaft. entire hanress
Added: 08/17/02
Expires: 09/21/02
Views: 135
Description and Price
front clip for a swap $4200, lsd included from s15 and complete heanress from the entire car is included, complete drive shft, s15 fuel pump."

I am tired of this. I know I will not see the back-half of my driveshaft... nor do I care to pursue this anymore.
Just wanted to tell you guys to be careful out there.

I sent him an email earlier today and he just replied.. if any of you care to see what he had to say, just let me know. I'll post it...

Sorry for the waste of bandwith and useless pathetic post.

<<BTW, it is now 13 months since the intial order>>

240sxTurbo
09-05-2002, 03:59 PM
this stinks of karim and R390 motorsports......

do I get a cookie?

nissan_s14
09-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Yea....please do tell.......where did you buy it from??

cellude
09-05-2002, 04:37 PM
I got my clip from Karim. Other than taking a 3 months everything was there, but I haven't started the car yet so we will see. Well I also needed a SR HICAS PS pump so he told me to send him my non-hicas Sr and he will get me a HICAS pump. Well that was about a month ago since I sent it and I still have no PS pump. But I'm waiting to cast judgement, pro or con.

240sxTurbo
09-05-2002, 04:42 PM
dam, 3 months, you must of bent over and smiled like a doughnut to get that kind of service from him...... http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

He's not known for that........service that is.... http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

_Nzo_
09-05-2002, 06:24 PM
Do tell what he said. Im sure its amusing.

JDMRICE
09-05-2002, 08:08 PM
did some one recommand you to buy it from him??.....should have done some resarch before you put down the money bro...
that's why we are here....so you can ask qustions/opinions about some seller....sorry..but now..you can buy some custom carbon one piece driveshaft.... http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MATT_BACK_VASS
09-05-2002, 08:16 PM
just make a driveshaft

89SX
09-05-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, on my 89 240, the front half the drive shaft would not fit on the back half of my 240's drive shaft. Maybe if I had a lathe, drill press, and a milling machine I could make it work.

runyun972
09-06-2002, 01:21 PM
His reply,
Subject: Re: AD 8/16/02
Creation Date: 9/5/02 3:23PM

give me a call and I will explain on this

you can not USE THE S15 DRIVE SHAFT it HAS TO BE MODIFIED TO FIT AN S13 and
S14

I HAVE A COMPLETE S15 I cut the FLOOR BOARD out underneath it so WHO EVER
BUYS IT will HAVE EVERYTHING WHO IS DOING THE SWAP this is WHY IT COMES WITH
A COMPLETE DRIVE SHAFT.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR YOU TOO GIVE ME A CALL.

Can you guys explain this to me?
First, he states you cannot use the S15 driveshaft - that it has to be modified to fit an S13/S14
then,
He comes back and says,
"I HAVE A COMPLETE S15 I cut the FLOOR BOARD out underneath it so WHO EVER
BUYS IT will HAVE EVERYTHING WHO IS DOING THE SWAP this is WHY IT COMES WITH
A COMPLETE DRIVE SHAFT."

Is he now saying you CAN use the driveshaft?

runyun972

240sxTurbo
09-06-2002, 01:39 PM
"can you please call me".....that is so Karim.....

Man just go ahead and tell us.....LOL

cellude
09-06-2002, 02:14 PM
Well I used the front half of the driveshaft from the SR20 clip even though the flages didn't line up. I simply had a shop remove the KA flange and put it on the SR driveshaft half. The lengths are the same so I'm hoping when my car moves the thing isn't going to explode apart. Also the good thing about the SR shaft was that it gets rid of the stupid rubber ring isolator (ring of drivetrain loss).

runyun972
09-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Cellude,
So the back half of the S15 driveshaft's lenght is the same as the KA's? I understand the flanges, but there's the balance concern. Thought the driveshaft had to be properly balanced (Like a centrifuge). I'm afraid it won't hold up under heavy stress... of course, this is what I hear

nissan_s14
09-06-2002, 03:21 PM
That "call me" does sound familiar. I had asked for pics of the clips he was selling and all the while he was saying call me. I cant see pictures over the phone! http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2002, 04:31 PM
matt is right...just make a drive shaft. its true, the s15 shaft is not like the s13/14 drive shaft....its lighter and thinner, and the carrier bearing is located in a different position. even if you had a complete s15 driveshaft, it wont bolt up....its too long and the carrier bearing wont line up with the chassis bracket. nor can you mix and match the 2 halves of the s15 and s13/14 shafts.....the center joint is not the same size.
you've already got all that you need at your disposal:
-the s15 front half (the input shaft is unique to the 6 spd tranny)
-the rear half of an s13/14 shaft (specifically the joint to diff)
-have a drive line shop connect both ends and balance your "new" 1 piece driveshaft. hth
mc

jeremiah
09-06-2002, 04:41 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
"can you please call me".....that is so Karim.....

[/QUOTE]
and if you want to get your parts in reasonable time never say any of these words or phrases to him(i made that mistake):
mother f'er
crook
scam
[censored]
a-hole
and you expect me to start this without an ecu?
you expect me to start it without an ignitor?
your full of sh it, sr20 ignitors don't cost 800 buck...

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
and people still do business w/ him. amazing.
wish i could have taped him saying "you don't have to cus at me"

240sxTurbo
09-06-2002, 05:05 PM
He's a baby.

His daddy runs a yard in japan and send junior pieces over to sell to the public. He claims that stuff is dyno checked and leak down checked yet has never once supplied any viable proof. Add to it he likes to talk on the phone only so he can quote you a price, then suddenly forget about it completely, and raising the price on you.

He's really shady and people just keep on using him, and waiting and listening to his lies.

We should ban together to shut him down....LOL, you would think that pissing off over 70% of your client base would be enough.....but the his advantage are the ones that don't get on the net and research, he preys on them like a pedophile looking for kids with some candy..... http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hugh
09-06-2002, 07:43 PM
Go to a driveshaft shop that specializes in driveshafts. Make sure you get an aluminum one-piece setup. (~$400)