PDA

View Full Version : killed some civics... hehe

Mel E Bog
07-17-2000, 06:14 PM
okay yeah yeah... road racing is pretty bad but... So this one race crew or whatever calls me and some of my friends out to race cuz they have a bunch of honduhs. So we head out to these backroads near Lemoore NAS(somewhere in Cali's San Joaquin valley) we line up my ghetto SE-R (K&N filter, apexi N1, 19degree ignition timing, KYB AGX's w/ Eibach Sportlines, and cheap tires) against one of those new SI's. They flag us off. He spins his tires at the line, I get a pretty clean launch and get the jump on him by about a car and a half. I throw it in 2nd he falls back about another car. Third gear and I'm at least 3 cars ahead of him and I get a clear shot of him in my rearview mirror. I have no idea what he had under the hood but he started telling all his friends that I had either NOS or turbo cause theres no way my ghetto ride could've beat his brand new SI. Oh please... kind of funny though...

**DONOTDELETE**
07-17-2000, 10:19 PM
LOL I hear ya man. My poor auto at the time didnt even have the POP on it. Was behind my friends new SI with AEM intake. Mind you mine is an automatic so i have to get on it eariler to allow time for downshift. He never gained any ground when I was pushing it. LOL he couldnt belive that I was totaly stock. Good stuff dude.

On a related note going down back roads in the SE-R i was following my friend. Just sold his 95 Maxima SE for a 98 Type R http://www.freshalloy.com/ Sweet car I will admit. We were running about 7/10ths or so and I gained all kinds of ground in corners he could pull at vtec in 2nd get a car lenght or two then wouldnt gain too much more. I will be the first to admit his car is soooo much faster and handles a bit better but I know I can stay near him http://www.freshalloy.com/ Only mods JWT POP and STB. But man that type r is soooo nice. LOL pulled in to the local parking lot got so many looks. No one could take there eyes off it. I say something about SE-R they were like huh. LOL god I love my sleeper. everyone looks at ya in a Type R no body even notices me in the SE-R, aka hide from cops

**DONOTDELETE**
07-20-2000, 10:34 AM
picture this. at a red light in an 87 max. 80-something (maybe 88 or 89, i don't know..) honda prelude pulls up on the driver's side. hat backwards. in neutral. then he looks over and revs on me. i laugh but he revs again. i put my auto max into neutral and rev once. look forward. light turns green. i take off. prelude stalls..

'97 S14 SE Turbo
08-11-2000, 10:01 AM
Hey, start picking on someone your own size... Give the boy some chance so he can play with his kindergarden friends...

Honduhs are for little boys. (Notice the attitudes...)...lol...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mel E Bog:
okay yeah yeah... road racing is pretty bad but... So this one race crew or whatever calls me and some of my friends out to race cuz they have a bunch of honduhs. So we head out to these backroads near Lemoore NAS(somewhere in Cali's San Joaquin valley) we line up my ghetto SE-R (K&N filter, apexi N1, 19degree ignition timing, KYB AGX's w/ Eibach Sportlines, and cheap tires) against one of those new SI's. They flag us off. He spins his tires at the line, I get a pretty clean launch and get the jump on him by about a car and a half. I throw it in 2nd he falls back about another car. Third gear and I'm at least 3 cars ahead of him and I get a clear shot of him in my rearview mirror. I have no idea what he had under the hood but he started telling all his friends that I had either NOS or turbo cause theres no way my ghetto ride could've beat his brand new SI. Oh please... kind of funny though...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
08-12-2000, 05:35 AM
True! Its is definatly funner to pick on the big boys. When I go to the strip I usually wave people by so I don't have to run with the 17sec local riced out ground scraping honduhs. Bring on the mustanks and domestic beasts!

I raced a late model camaro last wednesday night and beet him by .4 sec and about 4mph http://www.freshalloy.com/. He got the jump off the line but I reeled him in and past him with about a car length! You should have seen the look on the passengers face.

Mike 98 Sentra SE 4 door turbo 13.98@102 Needing slicks,Cobra maf,Fule rail and new injectors.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-12-2000, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98SEDET:
True! Its is definatly funner to pick on the big boys. When I go to the strip I usually wave people by so I don't have to run with the 17sec local riced out ground scraping honduhs. Bring on the mustanks and domestic beasts!

I raced a late model camaro last wednesday night and beet him by .4 sec and about 4mph http://www.freshalloy.com/. He got the jump off the line but I reeled him in and past him with about a car length! You should have seen the look on the passengers face.

Mike 98 Sentra SE 4 door turbo 13.98@102 Needing slicks,Cobra maf,Fule rail and new injectors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you post a picture of your beast pleaseeeee!
http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
08-21-2000, 06:09 PM
I drive a very old datsun , A 1978 1200 (210) Utility , with a 1400 cc that is slightly modded, twin carbs, high compression, larger camshaft, system and a 4.4 diff.
Looks can be decieving to the hot hatch crowd, I have won 80% of my bouts!
I have only lost to a SI Civic, but only over longer distance when it ran me down in third gear,I get great starts. And a NX which i was only two lengths behind, unitil he grabbed third gear!
From a standing startnot much can match a modded Datsun that only wheighs 700Kg and with good traction!

**DONOTDELETE**
08-22-2000, 05:21 PM
HonduhToyoKiller!, I have a ton of pics of the turbo,piping,motor,etc on my site
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/Page2.html

The DET stuff is at the bottom and I still have a the pics of all the NA mods I did befor the "incident" on the site.

Check it out.

Mike
98sentraSE turbo

**DONOTDELETE**
08-23-2000, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR> have a the pics of all the NA mods I did befor the "incident" on the site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch. I feel your pain, man. I know those cams cost ~$560 a set. I have a question in regard to "the incident": how can a few scratches destroy a cam? Isn't it possible to still use the cam with a few scratches?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-23-2000, 04:28 PM
I was hoping to have them buffed out but a couple of the scratches are pretty bad. One lobe has a good gouge on the edge of it and a few others have good deep shratches in them. I didn't see any stress fractures or mared bearing surfaces so I might still try them out.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

**DONOTDELETE**
08-23-2000, 04:36 PM
To answer your question... The S-3 cams are high lift and short duration. They push the bounds of the stock springs. Now say you have a scratch on them... When they spin at 4k the little scratch could through off the harmoincs and cause somthing to float or act weird.... Bang! The valves hit the pistons and now the motor is no good. That what I'm worried about.

Mike