PDA

View Full Version : Turbo voiding insurance?

philttz
09-11-2002, 09:04 PM
I am getting this from insurance. that any performance additions will void my insurance such as a turbo or supercharger, how do other ppl feel about this subject if it has come up before?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-11-2002, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a bunch of BS they are giving you. So long as your car passes an inspection and is deemed street legal they can't reject your car due tot he fact it has a turbocharger on it. I use to work for an insurance company a few years back, and to my knowledge this is how standard procedure is on all modified vehicles.

Get the car inspected by a certified mechanic, show them the inspection report, then there is nothing they can do except maybe jack your rates up if your getting full collision. Basic coverage shouldn't change though.

_Nzo_
09-11-2002, 10:59 PM
This is true with quite a few insurance companies. But how will they know you have one if you dont report it?

daywalker
09-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Yo man call state farm. I got my car insured for a lot of money and all they wanted was to see proof. I brought them the receipts and they added them made copies and voila. I heard progressive does the same thing.They didnt care whats under the hood. One guy asked what was the fastest I ever went so I told him 60 LOL....He got mad I think.

philttz
09-12-2002, 06:55 AM
I am with state farm, did you take out a different type of policy?

Akain
09-13-2002, 04:27 AM
Same thing happened to me when I tried to get some quotes from different insurance companies. Some of 'em wouldn't even give me a quote when I told them I had some 17" rims on my Civic. You should look around and get quotes from diff. companies, they usually ask you if your car has any aftermarket mods before giving you an estimate, if they don't, then that means they don't care like AAA insurance. Luckily my friend is a car insurance salesman so he hooked me up for my 240sx, my civic is under AAA cause they don't have a problem with aftermarket stuff on your car.

daywalker
09-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Yeah I told them I want show car insurance, but they didnt make me appraise my car nor do they check the milage. Maybe it depends on an agent or state cuz state farm is very flexible around here. Try giving progressive a call.

insurgent
09-13-2002, 12:47 PM
read this post. it applies to ontario so that means u philttz. http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105202&highlight=insura nce