PDA

View Full Version : Hardbody vs. Ram

**DONOTDELETE**
04-27-2001, 04:17 PM
A friend in his Dodge Ram quadcab 4x4 auto and me in my '96 5spd hardbody were doing about 40 in a 60 beside each other. I got tired of holding up traffic like a dumbass so I dropped three gears into second and barked 'em. He heard that and stomped it and we were dead even until 65 where I had to shift into third and he pulled ahead. At that time I laid off. It was entertaining to stay with him with a 4-banger.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-11-2001, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I love racing in my Hardbody. I have a 94 SE-V6 with the VG30E engine. Its fun watching stuff like Rangers accelerate next to me, when its obvious. I just like to hang with them then go ahead and get it over with, then hang back even, then get ahead again.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-15-2001, 01:26 PM
That four banger can do more than you think. I love it when V8's try to catch up to me after I passed them at 90 MPH. Once this guy in a silverado got mad because I passed him on the onramp and when we got into the first lane he started tailgating me, so I stomped the gas and the guy couldn't catch me (there was alot of traffic) my baby handles. BTW his truck was lifted.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-09-2002, 06:58 PM
A friend in his Dodge Ram quadcab 4x4 auto and me in my '96 5spd hardbody were doing about 40 in a 60 beside each other. I got tired of holding up traffic like a dumbass so I dropped three gears into second and barked 'em. He heard that and stomped it and we were dead even until 65 where I had to shift into third and he pulled ahead. At that time I laid off. It was entertaining to stay with him with a 4-banger <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]You barked them going 40 mph with the 4 cycl Hardbody i dont think mine could do that or

ewraven
07-09-2002, 09:13 PM
I could bark them in my 93 Hardbody 4cyl. Going along at 35-40mph; I'd downshift it into 2nd and gas it and drop the clutch. They'd bark nearly every time.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-09-2002, 11:33 PM
My 94 would do it also. It sounded like things were going to fly under the hood sometimes but it does happen. http://www.freshalloy.com/