PDA

View Full Version : Dink in RX7

240sx
05-29-2001, 10:57 PM
Cruising out on the highway to a mall in the neighbouring city, in my friends truck, not racing, swerving or anything on the highway, a black 3rd Generation RX7 TT zooms by in the middle lane (of a 3 way highway) and pulls over into the left lane right infront of us and slows right down below the posted limit of 80 KM/h, and as another car comes up, we can't switch lanes cause we are boxed in, and as soon as the car to our right is infront of us, the dork in the RX7 drops a gear and zooms off. Pissed me right off because my friend had to jump on the brakes as this complete GOOF slowed down right infront of us. Just being a complete jerk-off!
I've seen this dink around town, driving like an idiot all over the place.
Oh how I'd love to slash his tires or something....
But having the piece of mind knowing that is 1.3L Rotary engine is on it's last legs anyhow is confidence enough...
Can't wait to see a 300ZX TT eat him for lunch....

Mike (Steaming!)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-31-2001, 07:35 PM
sorry to say but I think that FD would eat a 300ZX TT for lunch. Driver sounds like a real ass though. As for the Rotary comment, I know rotaries that have out lasted convetional crank style motors under the same conditions. Personal opinion, I'd rather have that Wankel over a 3Z TT any day.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2001, 05:22 PM
Actually sock vs. stock the Z is faster. The Rx7 is alot cheaper to soup up though and takes to mods very well if you know what your doing. The 93- Rx7 are unreliable, just check out auto trader.com and look at all of the Rx'7 with new engines. The apex seal is always F'd up.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2001, 04:20 AM
I'd personally take a Z32TT over a FDRX7, but thats a personal opinion not based on performance. Both cars are very fast. From what I hear the RX7 handles better. I'd take either though.

I do rather hate jerk's like that. And as much as I'd like to see a Z eat him, I'd rather see a Turbo's Accord or Civic eat him. Just something thats not a sports car from the factory. That'd would piss 'em off.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-05-2001, 11:06 AM
Wow, this is my first post. Anyway, I have two friends with a stock FD and a beautiful Z32TT which has not been tampered with except for shock and spring upgrades. They both pull pretty well 0-60s and are about equal in straight line speed. Unfortunately, the Z32 cannot handle as well as the FD. An FD is about 2800 pounds and its 50 50 weight distribution and small engine lets it handle so incredebly well...but my bud with the Z32 doesn't have an engine that runs at ridiciously high temperatures and he doesn't have to replace his oil every 3000 miles. -=0)

AceInHole
06-20-2001, 03:50 PM
i'd like to see the RX-7 compare to the RB swapped 240's (or even that VG30DETT). then again, that might be cheating. . . .

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 11:46 AM
FDs are also great cars for drifting. I think overall, its a better car than the Z.
Z might have straight line performance, but thats about it. Plus, Wankels are so cool!
VQ30DETT just doesnt have the finese that little 1.3L has.
However, I'd take a Supra TT over both and lay down the smak...

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 09:11 PM
You better be a good touge rider if you're going to drift an FD. 240 owners around here that go touge riding come back with duct tape laden bumpers and are in need of a paint job. I'd cry if I ever did that to an FD. The FD is an awesome car, but its unfortunate that it has its downsides. My friend rebuilt his 13B-REW rotary already (with Petitt racing mods! lucky bastard!) and he proclaims that he has a love/hate relationship with his car. But, the FD is still an awesome car and I think the 13B-REW should be considered a street legal race engine. I can't wait to see the new RENESIS rotary. The tach on the RX-8 concept goes up to 12,000 RPM. Craziness.

jmcn
07-10-2001, 07:19 AM
So you were sitting in the PASSING lane (left/fast lane) and you're mad about someone in a sports car getting pissed about that??? I don't understand. You were driving in a passing lane. That lane is reserved for short passes and FAST cars. You have no right to sit there making faster cars pass you on the right.

jmcn
07-10-2001, 07:20 AM
god damn this thread is old

AceInHole
07-11-2001, 09:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jmcn:
So you were sitting in the PASSING lane (left/fast lane) and you're mad about someone in a sports car getting pissed about that??? I don't understand. You were driving in a passing lane. That lane is reserved for short passes and FAST cars. You have no right to sit there making faster cars pass you on the right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's mad that the guy slammed on the brakes in the passing lane, after cutting him off.

Shinsengumi_Okita
07-25-2001, 04:39 PM
maybe that guys slammed on his brakes because 240sx was going slow on the fast lane?
Or maybe 240sx was tailgating the rx7 and that pissed him off...

AceInHole
07-25-2001, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shinsengumi_Okita:
maybe that guys slammed on his brakes because 240sx was going slow on the fast lane?
Or maybe 240sx was tailgating the rx7 and that pissed him off...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

read the whole post:
black 3rd Generation RX7 TT zooms by in the middle lane (of a 3 way highway) and pulls over into the left lane right infront of us and slows right down below the posted limit of 80 KM/h

he says the guy slows down below the posted limit of 80, which means the truck was already going faster than 80, otherwise he wouldn't have had to "jump on the brakes as this complete GOOF slowed down right infront of us".
seems to me the RX was waiting for the car on the right to catch up to race or something. . . still kinda stupid to do in traffic. also, he mentions the RX driver drives "like an idiot all over the place." that should be clue enough.

PJ

**DONOTDELETE**
08-25-2001, 12:17 AM
Hey I have an fd and a 95 s14. Don't hate the car! It won't blow up if you maintain it like any other sports car. And yes it is recommend to change your oil and oil filter every 3k miles, like you are suppose to for every damn car, sheesh.

But I gotta sympathize with you. There are *******s everywhere. Just keep in mind to direct your aggression on the drivers, not the vehicle otherwise you can start a flame war. Man makes the car, not the other way around, unless you have feeling of inadequacy like that ******* who messed with you.

By the way, in MY OPINION, the RX-7 has more potential for power with just basic bolt-ons and cpu (320-380hp depending on vehicle condition and on stock turbos)than the Z. Check the forum out www.rx7forum.com (http://www.rx7forum.com) to learn more, and quit the **** about reliability. To me it should be a concern about stupidity. If you don't educate yourself on how to maintain a rotary engine, keep it rich under boost and know the limitations of stock fuel injectors, then of course your seals are going to blow. You can't just half ass a rotary.

240sx
08-26-2001, 03:21 PM
Hey man, I wasn't ragging the car, I love the 3rd gen Rx7's, I was just saying the driver was the big problem.