PDA

View Full Version : REVHARD TURBO MANIFOLD

imstuner
09-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Hi

I just got my revhard manifold today but it's drilled for t4 turbo and i have a t3. I was wondering if i can weld a t4 flange on to the turbo exh. side and then bolt it on the manifold. the exh. side is cast iron,can i weld cast iron.

Thanks
http://users.erols.com/crx-tc/240sx/manifold.jpg

VeilSideS14
09-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Your best bet would be to drill and tap it for the T3 flange if you can. Only expert welders can weld cast iron successfully so I'd leave this for your last choice alternative.

jvh22a
09-16-2002, 06:32 PM
you could weld it on. but it will bring your turbo up about 1/2. depending on the thickness of the t4 flange you want to weld

PSI240SX
09-16-2002, 06:55 PM
Hope you saved the receipt. It will crack and they might replace it if you saved your receipt and you [censored] to the right person. Or you can do what I have heard keeps it from cracking and cut the flange that goes to the head between each runner so that it can expand better with heat. Supposedly that helps.

As for the problem at hand, I would call them and ask them if drilling and tapping new holes will prevent them from replacing it when it cracks.

rextreme
09-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Also, I hope you know... depending on which model you drive, that t3 might not clear your master cylinder. You'd better test fit it before you do any modifications to it.

daywalker
09-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Mine was drilled for t3 and t4. Send it back.

asad
09-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Quite frankly, I for one am GLAD it's not drilled for a T3. So many people have had clearance problems trying to put a T3 on a RevHard manifold when it just doesn't work very well. IMO, the manifold should ONLY be used with a T4 in an on-center housing.

If you want to use a T3, get a different manifold. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, I'm saying this because I've "been there, done that".

Asad