PDA

View Full Version : Smoke 'em if ya got 'em... Swap Info!

**DONOTDELETE**
09-17-2002, 02:51 AM
Ok, so here's where its at... I keep hearing rumors of VGs and RBs and LTs and 350s all being put in 240s. Well, Time to put your money where your mouth is...

If you have any swap that's not an SR or a CA or a KAT, because frankly we've all seen a billion of these (shut up, that's not the point of this topic, just kick me in the nuts next time you see me if you disagree...), I wanna see pics, hp/tq numbers, and what your thoughts on the swap are...

Lotta crap thrown around this board, this is an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is...

...that and I'm INTENSELY interested in these swaps...hehe...

Oh, and for godsake people, TRY to keep this one on topic? Please? Do it for the starving ethiopians or something...

**DONOTDELETE**
09-17-2002, 03:40 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
Oh, and for godsake people, TRY to keep this one on topic? Please? Do it for the starving ethiopians or something...

[/QUOTE]

Do you like video games?

J/K...I haven't really seen pic's but i did see a 240sx with a 300zx engine down here in florida. I guess they're hard to come accross. You forgot to mention the RX-7 swap.
I think I've seen a video with the RX-7 swap, I Think it was on KaZaa. -240GT-R

Hugh
09-17-2002, 04:06 AM
Sorry, no pics, but I know someone with an RB26DETT in his 180sx. The car is a rocket on wheels, but repeatedly breaks parts.

It was shop-built... so I don't have any tips for you other than the common knowledge about the Rb25 Tranny and what not.

MATT_BACK_VASS
09-17-2002, 07:27 AM
is that bill - crazy 180 - that you are talking about??

I'm currently doing a VG swap in my 240sx, but i'm a poor college student, so unless somebody wants to sponsor me [censored]'s still going slow http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

here are a few of my preliminary thoughts.
1. I have been running the same transmission in my Z31 for the last year and have really had no problems with it other than the fact that it breaks when i abuse it. I feel the driveline will be the part i have to worry about the LEAST.

2.Handling will be impaired a little bit with the stock suspension, which is why i'm going to do a good spring and shock setup on the thing. I feel there will not be but 40-50 lbs more on the front end when all is said and done with it. The VG motor is a lightweight.

3. power output should be very impressive, around 350 wheel horsepower @ 5500 rpm and 420 wheel torque @ 3500 rpm around 15-16 pounds of boost. If i up it to 20-22 pounds of boost it shold do around 380-400 wheel horsepower @ 5500-5800 and around 500-510 wheel torque @ 3500-3700 rpm. This will be fun seeing what driveline partshold on it. I have yet to do anything but rebuild this motor with stock nissan parts .010 over. It came to me like that.

I feel with the torque that i'll be picking up the car will be an absolute menace to drive. I happen to really like the vg motor, so that's why i'm sticking with it. i theoretically could tap out and to 4 cylinder right now, but it's not my style.