PDA

View Full Version : '92 Q45 versus '00 Prelude

NissanSpeed
07-05-2001, 09:23 PM
Late last night I was with my cousin in his Q45. We pull up to a light and here come a black '00 Prelude. I know the guy from a previous race(his prelude against my aunts prelude). His Prelude is a 5spd and it has an after market intake. Well he looks at us and revs pretty hard. The light turns green and we both take off hard. Both of our tires chirped but didn't spin and lose grip. My cousin shifted the Q45 in first gear(D1) when we took off. The prelude got the better jump off the line, but we still pulled ahead. I warned my cousin about the Vtech and intake. I hear the prelude near red line and the Vtech and intake are working hard. The prelude shocked me and was hanging side by side with us. Then we started to pull a little and we finally left the prelude. That honda was pretty d@mn fast and it sure would smoke my old 240sx. I raced that same guy in my aunt's '01 Prelude with the SportShifter auto. The 5spd ate the SportShifter for dinner.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-06-2001, 02:08 AM
hooray! chalk another one up for us truck guys. good job!

aloha

**DONOTDELETE**
07-06-2001, 07:32 AM
That's about right.
92' Q45 + wieght and 2 people. No RPM startoff on an Automatic.
00' Prelude stick with 1 person.
The Prelude runs mid to high 15's and with a flat start in the Q, you were running the same times.
If a RPM launch was done with the Q, another car length would have seperated the Q and Prelude.
Sounds like you all had fun..
Be safe..
http://www.freshalloy.com/

nismotech
07-06-2001, 09:07 AM
Imagin what the NEW Q45 can do to the Prelude~~ http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
08-05-2001, 11:34 PM
according to my experience truck guys aren't nice to people in "Luxury" cars...how many turcks did i have to spank just with a GS 400? My record against trucks 5 spanks - 0 spanked

**DONOTDELETE**
08-08-2001, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTRFanatic:
according to my experience truck guys aren't nice to people in "Luxury" cars...how many turcks did i have to spank just with a GS 400? My record against trucks 5 spanks - 0 spanked<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

s13dummy
08-23-2001, 06:22 AM
Those sportshift auto's on ludes are pieces of ****. My friend has one, and I ripped him a new one with my first s14. It only had an N1 cat back.