PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal with people

DRG1
12-25-2001, 01:54 AM
I have been reading many forums for a couple years now and it seems like people only like their own car manufacturer. The thing that gets me is, why do they think no other car manufacturer can top theirs?? For example, I read a topic in another forum on this page where someone said they were racing a civic and got beat by it so it must have been running NOS? WTF? Yes, I drive a honda and i'm on my third 5th gen hatchback. All have has swaps and all were ran all motor, first ran a best of 14.4 with a B18C1 swap with intake and exhaust only and second ran a 13.2 all motor fully built. I didn't spend tons of money on this, i actually only spent a total of 8000 including the car, paint, wheels, interior, etc. And why is it that these people say hondas are crap?? I thought they are supposed to last forever. I know someof you people are thinking i'm a honda lover, and you're right, but not only Hondas....I love everything. I did consider a s13 with sr swap in the future when i have more funds to do whatever i want to it. I do want to get away from FWD too. Why can't everyone respect ever other car manufacturer out there. "OH, fords are crap...why? uh....'cause they're fords and not nissans, hondas, toy, etc." give me a freakin break. Yeah, i love smoking mustangs with my hybrid, but it's all in fun...i don't go sayin...ha!!! only four cylinders...you suck with your V8!!!! SS's those don't suck, supras??? **** maybe an N/A. etc etc.I guess where i'm from, they have fast hondas, neons, etc. (orlando), but where your from they prob have civic dx's (not all dx's are slow, friend ran a 14.1 with a stock dx with 75 shot, intake and exhaust) with VTEC stickers or DOHC badges so you think you smoked a hybrid. For all you ignorant people out there who say they never got beaten by a honda or you V8 guys that say you never gotten beat by a quote "rice burner", get back to reality and move here to orlando or another big name import state and see what you have to go against. One last thing, I am not saying all of you people on this board are like this, only a select few. Most of you are like me and have the love for almost every car and respect them as well. thanks for your time and no flames intended.
Peter

tatsuo2k
12-25-2001, 03:16 AM
I got to agree man.. I don't really think everyone is like that either, but some people are just like that.. Brand loyalty, let's call it, to the death.. I personally hate Ford, have had problems with them all my life.. But that's just me.. I'd take an S2000 over a 240 anyday.. But once again, that's just me..

I love a car that works.. I could give two ****s as to whether it's Nissan, DSM, Honda, Toy, Plymouth, whatever.. As long as I can do what I want without fear of it crapping out(Ford, in my case), then I'm cool.. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Shinsengumi_Okita
12-25-2001, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure if you've been reading posts here, but most people here are pretty open minded. The few biased people here are usually the new members.

You should be posting this on other forums. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Nismo
12-28-2001, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shinsengumi_Okita:
I'm not sure if you've been reading posts here, but most people here are pretty open minded. The few biased people here are usually the new members.

You should be posting this on other forums. http://www.freshalloy.com/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Right on.