PDA

View Full Version : S14 240sx vs 255hp Maxima



**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 03:44 PM
Hey all, I just wanted you all to hear about what happened last night, give you an idea of how fast those maximas really are. I was on State street last night, I rollin with my car club, we had just stopped to chill and where hangin by the cars when black 2002 limited maxima with 2 guys rolls up, they started chillen with us and someone asked me if i wanted to race him, in case you didnt know i have a k&n filter adapter ,with stock intake tube, 2.25 exhaust, ACT racing clutch, Compound engine fan removed with electric and a few little hp tricks!!,I estimate im pushing around 175 horse, although i have no dyno. We rolled with 2 peeps in each car and hit a nearby double lane, The guy just bought it, and obviously for the 255hp kickass motor it is supposed to have, Just for the record it was an Auto with an intake and stock exhaust, We lined up waiting on a green, I feathered the clutch out at 4,000 spinning a bit through first but hooking up nicely, I spun a hard 2nd and suprisingly managed to chirp 3rd causing the backend to slide out a bit, while grinding hehe, I had 1 carlength on him out of the whole and managed to stay that way all the way up to 95 miles an hour tell he backed off. I can honestly say i was fukkkin stoked, it felt kickass to beat a 30 + thousand doller car, especially one that has 100 more horsepower than me stock and only weighs in at around 400 pounds more, I know if it where the 6 speed it would of been faster but still, you dont see many of those rollin around, and that cars not really even in the same class, that 255hp auto still has alot of balls according to nissan and everyone raving!! I thought so before racing one firsthand. I can honestly say I am not that impressed with it. The last acura I raced with less horsepower gave me as good of a run. All in all It just goes to show what a well setup K can do against the competition, and to let all those peeps who think the motor is crap compared to other 4 bangers and V6s to think again!!! PEACE

**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 06:48 PM
Aight tell us the truth, he was in reverse wasnt he. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
12-29-2001, 07:50 PM
id have to say I hate nothing more than bullshizz stories on here, i know there are also many variables when racing, most having to do with the driver knowing how to drive or not, I on one hand am not the best driver in the world, but not the worst either, i know my car, I drive it well, Being that the Maxima was an automatic I really have no choice but to just assume i beat him fair and square, he didnt have a 5 speed to mishift or bog , shift late whatnot, I have totall respect for all cars, I dont write on here to just dog other cars and talk my car up, I tell it how it is, Sure, i have had plenty of hondas blow my ars away, Anyone can put enough money into something, I think there is 99% bull pucky on this forum, and alot of hotheads who think whatever they drive is topdog, wheather people believe stories in here is up to them, But i tell it how it is, and the next car i loose to youll be hering from me!!

nismotech
12-29-2001, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240badboy:
Hey all, I just wanted you all to hear about what happened last night, give you an idea of how fast those maximas really are. I was on State street last night, I rollin with my car club, we had just stopped to chill and where hangin by the cars when black 2002 limited maxima with 2 guys rolls up, they started chillen with us and someone asked me if i wanted to race him, in case you didnt know i have a k&n filter adapter ,with stock intake tube, 2.25 exhaust, ACT racing clutch, Compound engine fan removed with electric and a few little hp tricks!!,I estimate im pushing around 175 horse, although i have no dyno. We rolled with 2 peeps in each car and hit a nearby double lane, The guy just bought it, and obviously for the 255hp kickass motor it is supposed to have, Just for the record it was an Auto with an intake and stock exhaust, We lined up waiting on a green, I feathered the clutch out at 4,000 spinning a bit through first but hooking up nicely, I spun a hard 2nd and suprisingly managed to chirp 3rd causing the backend to slide out a bit, while grinding hehe, I had 1 carlength on him out of the whole and managed to stay that way all the way up to 95 miles an hour tell he backed off. I can honestly say i was fukkkin stoked, it felt kickass to beat a 30 + thousand doller car, especially one that has 100 more horsepower than me stock and only weighs in at around 400 pounds more, I know if it where the 6 speed it would of been faster but still, you dont see many of those rollin around, and that cars not really even in the same class, that 255hp auto still has alot of balls according to nissan and everyone raving!! I thought so before racing one firsthand. I can honestly say I am not that impressed with it. The last acura I raced with less horsepower gave me as good of a run. All in all It just goes to show what a well setup K can do against the competition, and to let all those peeps who think the motor is crap compared to other 4 bangers and V6s to think again!!! PEACE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


New Car not Break Into yet??
http://www.freshalloy.com/ Or maybe he didn't mention he hadn't drop of the 200Ibs of groceries in the trunk?? http://www.freshalloy.com/

The_Chosen_One
12-29-2001, 11:33 PM
240badboy I believe it is possible, especially if your ride is a 5 speed, and with all the mods you have done with it.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-30-2001, 02:39 AM
dont get me wrong 240 im not in any way missjudging you or calling you a lier. IMO whit the specs you have given on your car i didnt think you could beat a max. Givin your car has a 0-60 time of 7.4 with a 5speed, and the max has a 0-60 time of 6.9 for an automatic. And if u did its ok cause atleast it was a nissan that beat it. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
12-30-2001, 02:57 AM
A bone stock 02 auto max will do 14.6 sec in 1/4 mile a bone stock 240 will do 16 sec you may be low 15's like 15.2-15.3 but your not gonna do better than 14.6. My buddy owns a 02 max with an auto and he pulls on mustangs, I doubt your car could. Back up your story with some timeslips from your local track.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-30-2001, 03:14 AM
im sorry, i highly dought a bone stock automatic maxima will do 14.6. at least not in high elevation from the rockies, try a 15.6 to a 16 up here, I do know that im in the 15s up here so i would be hitting mid to high 14s in cali, at least if we where going off your 14.6 maxima stats!!!, Bottom line, i had the maxima by a carlength, which really is virtually nothing on the 1/4 mile, So even at the benefit of the dought the max does run 14.6s, I guess im running 14.5s, and wheather anyone elses does or not really dousnt matter to me, I dont believe what peeps say about what they read, I dont just go off magazine reviews and Times, Ill beleive what I witness first hand, I will be going to the track this friday night to get some times, and i will post them very soon, !!

brtecson
12-30-2001, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zbeast:
A bone stock 02 auto max will do 14.6 sec in 1/4 mile a bone stock 240 will do 16 sec you may be low 15's like 15.2-15.3 but your not gonna do better than 14.6. My buddy owns a 02 max with an auto and he pulls on mustangs, I doubt your car could. Back up your story with some timeslips from your local track.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Isnt the 3.5 altima hitting 14.6? I Could be wrong, but the maxima just doesnt seem like its hitting 14.6 in the qtr mi. A vortech-supercharged maxima has 270-280 hp at the wheels iirc, and it hits high 13's. On the other hand, the STE 222 hp 3.0 max's are low/mid 15's, so 33 more horses and more torque might be able to put it in the high 14s. Honestly, I dont know diddly-squat about those ne maximas.( I got a b13 and i'm gonna get a s13). If i'm wrong about anything, correct me. Im just adding in my .02 http://www.freshalloy.com/

brtecson

edit-- forgot to say one thing- maybe the guy was just babying his car. He might not want to go all out and race considering he just bought it. I know if I had enough money to buy a 3.5L maxima, i would worship the roads that it drove on.

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: brtecson ]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-30-2001, 04:06 PM
u sure he didnt have overdrive on???i drove a 95 auto max...over drive makes a big diff!!!!i sorta believe u and sorta not....clutch can make big diff...i know...but that may have been cuz i burned out my clutch so bad i couldnt hit 30mph but hey.... http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2001, 12:33 AM
when we had our maxima track meet last weekend a guy ran 14.4 in his 2002 automatic

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2001, 01:40 AM
you know, i would normally take that into consideration, But being as I didnt innitiate the race, and the maxima owner was the one looking for one, also being there where 4 other cars rolling with me to witness the race, i can attest he wasnt planning on going home a looser, not after spending $30,000, I AM sure he will drop by again, I just bought a new video camera, and next time he comes by well race again and ill get it on tape for all of ya, you can count on it!!

Chip_Letzgus
12-31-2001, 10:24 PM
I've never seen a 240 with those few mods hit 14s. Let along 14.5s. Not saying that you said you're that fast, but most 240s with bolt ons run about high 15s to low 15s.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-03-2002, 10:53 AM
All i know is that the new02 maximas are fast. 14.6 for the auto in the quarter is very attainable. My friend has a 91 240sx se hatchback with a full 2.25" custom exaust system and K&N filtercharger. His car runs high 15's low 16's, and he is an exceptional driver. The fastest time ive seen an s14 do the 0-60 dash in was 7.7 by C&D with a 5spd. They are also exceptional drivers over at car and driver. Your car is not stock, but your mods arent going to yield you a time like the maxima in stock form, theres no way. In an automatic there is very little room for error. With a 5spd, there is generally a greater chance to make a mistake. Im sure you car is quick, but theres no way that its as fast as that max is unless your running every bolt on under the sun, or squeezing the juice. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
01-04-2002, 06:28 PM
like i say, im not expecting anyone in here to believe anything, as you know most of this race forum is bullshi, I have no reason to make up bull or dog other cars, WHether the maxima is faster according to car and driver or not, I dont give a dam, half there times achieved in an automatic test are under POWER BRAKING, isnt that just the bullshi!!! A maxima may have 255 horse, but you gotta remember how heavy that thing is, its not like the max has a good 80 horse advantage overall above my mods, when you add in the extra weight and it being a Auto it dousnt have that big of an edge at all, sure, i know plenty of decent drivers with 240s that wouldv got smoked, Ive seen many dam good drivers of near stock cars take out modified cars with shizzy drivers, I on one hand know how to drive my car, and when i drop the hammer at 4,000 rpms not many cars even with v6s can take me off the line, Sure, maybe the max does have a better topend, But my car is alot lighter with almsot as much Torque, while im out 2 carlengths off the line im not the one in the max playing catchup!!, hell, its really a joke that a 4 banger even with some mods can beat or run with a 255 horsepower 30,000 car, and it will be even funnier when i slap my SR20DET Turbo Pushing 300 horse in next month and race him again!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-06-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah ok dude, you beat a 2k2 Maxima in your 240sx http://www.freshalloy.com/

I just beat a modded '96 or so 240sx in an 75mph roll on race on the freeway and i was in 5th gear. I didnt even downshift.


You know how fast the new maximas are.. try 14.3 for the manuals and 14.6+ for the automatics depending on trim and driving style. Possibly the guy in the Max didnt know he was racing.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: CrazeD_SpecV ]

Chip_Letzgus
01-06-2002, 11:45 PM
I hope he knows that the DET doesn't just come with 300 hp. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Mo
01-08-2002, 05:21 PM
First of all you said ?limited Maxima?, the limited Maxima is not the ?02 but ?01 with 222hp even with that he would crash you like a bug. I have raced a 5sp and every time we change gear he was gaining half a car length.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2002, 01:32 AM
2002 SE Maxima = 255HP
2001 AE Maxima = 227HP
2001 SE, GLE, GXE = 222HP

Which car we talking about here? There ain't no Limited.

carluch
01-13-2002, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240badboy:
im sorry, i highly dought a bone stock automatic maxima will do 14.6. at least not in high elevation from the rockies, try a 15.6 to a 16 up here, I do know that im in the 15s up here so i would be hitting mid to high 14s in cali, at least if we where going off your 14.6 maxima stats!!!, Bottom line, i had the maxima by a carlength, which really is virtually nothing on the 1/4 mile, So even at the benefit of the dought the max does run 14.6s, I guess im running 14.5s, and wheather anyone elses does or not really dousnt matter to me, I dont believe what peeps say about what they read, I dont just go off magazine reviews and Times, Ill beleive what I witness first hand, I will be going to the track this friday night to get some times, and i will post them very soon, !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you guess you would be doing 14.5s? maybe in the 1/8 mile. unless of course you had about 25 more hp and some slicks and a lsd. we all know you are bull****ting, so be a man and admit it...

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2002, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carluch240:


you guess you would be doing 14.5s? maybe in the 1/8 mile. unless of course you had about 25 more hp and some slicks and a lsd. we all know you are bull****ting, so be a man and admit it...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

on an off topic, what does the N14 GTiR do the 1/4 in? Stock? Isn't it 14-ish?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-17-2002, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
The fastest time ive seen an s14 do the 0-60 dash in was 7.7 by C&D with a 5spd. They are also exceptional drivers over at car and driver.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with the "exceptional drivers" comment. As far as mags go, C&D is a much better read than mags like Motor Trend and R&T. However, their straightline test results always seem to be a bit worse than those found in other mags. Motor Trend seems to have the best drivers out of all the "mainstream" mags I've read. That said, if they got a 7.7 0-60 out of an s14, the same driver most likely could've done the same or better in a DOHC s13. As you probably know, the same engine was used from '91 to '98, and the s14s were a bit heavier than the s13s.

At any rate, I don't believe this kill story... with those mods, you'd be hard-pressed to run faster than mid-15s. Even a non-broken-in 2002 automatic Maxima can run almost a second faster than that... maybe he was afraid to beat on his new car or something, if this race really did happen. I'm not a big fan of the Maxima, but Nissan sure seems to have hit the nail on the head in terms of its performance.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-01-2002, 10:01 PM
240 I believe you, I don't think it is far fetched...you one him..not a lot of people go lie about beating a MAXIMA, they do it saying they beat like a porche or something..i think he won

**DONOTDELETE**
03-01-2002, 10:52 PM
I love this kill stories section! This is the place where we have Mercury mountaneers beating 3000GTs and a 240sx beating new maximas.

The only way i can believe this story is if the other guy didn't know he was racing you. It happens... the day i got my new turbo i was pulling away from a stoplight and was still getting used to the lag and new shift points when the person in the Camry next to me floored it and took off up to 60 mph in a 35 zone. I bet they were telling everybody the next day how bad they spanked that eclipse they raced. I was just relearning my shift points, held the gear too long and made a lot of noise with the 3" turbo back exhaust. I had no intention of racing, but i can't blame them for thinking so because i did accidentally rev the engine up to 4k before i shifted.

Oh, The part about taking him off the line is utter bullcrap. With a 3.5L engine the max is making so much more torque than the 240 it is just silly and would have eaten it for breakfast off the line. The mods you list would hardly get you into the 15s let alone the 14s so keep dreaming. The ACT clutch is cool though. I have one of those, it is great for a leg workout. You absolutely don't need one however if you are only making 175 hp.

Of course the Limited Editon 2002 Maxima ranks right up there with another guys kill story about how he beat a Viper in his Eclipse GSX Spyder. Neither car exists other than as a figment of somebody's imagination.

Sorry i'm usually not this negative, but don't like seeing kill stories that are so obviously made up.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
03-02-2002, 02:43 AM
...I'm minding my own business on my way home and a 3.5L Maxima driver decides to play with me... Too bad he doesn't know the power level of my car... All he got was a view of the tailights, blinking hazards, and a tail-out drift onto a highway on ramp... Never knew what hit him. He thought it would've been easy... Guess not...

...As for a stock 240SX, no way. The 3.5L Maxima will eat stock 240SX for lunch...

Ambush_Paddington
03-04-2002, 11:21 AM
240badboy, your HP level at the wheels is more like 140-145 at the rear wheels, i dont know where you got that 175hp # from...

**DONOTDELETE**
03-07-2002, 05:31 PM
240badboy, I highly doubt you smoked a 2k2 max with your slightly modded 240, my buddy has a 240 with the same mods and i destroy him in my 98 max. http://www.freshalloy.com/