PDA

View Full Version : re: IS300 race

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Ok, first of all I have never been in an accident. I know what im doing when im driving, and know what everyone else is going to do. If i sense great danger I will slow down. Here in Houston you do not have your normal drivers. If you are driving 70 on the freeway you are creating a big problem because everyone else is going 80 mhp! Abd by the time I hit 80+ mph we were out of traffic. There might have been a car or two but no real danger was present. Any kind of street racing has some kind of danger to it, but there is no other place to do it. It is not like there is a track right behind my house where i can test my top speed! I hope I never hurt anyone or myself but I will not stop doing it. I also do not encourage it to others either, but that is one of the reasons i got the Spec-V.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Aldo:
I know what im doing when im driving, and know what everyone else is going to do<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Who the heck do you think you are???? You know that I'm about to make a lane change without signalling??? I'm about to forget that this is my exit and exit from the left lane?? You don't know what anyone else is going to do. Racing when no one else is around IMO is understandable. But when other people are around, you are taking their lives in your hands. I'm glad you don't live around me, there are enough stupid kids who "know exactly what I'm going to do" around here. Please, keep it away from other people. Killing yourself in a car race is your own decision, just don't involve others with your ridiculous logic.

Edit: Can we lock this one up too mods?

[ 02-18-2002, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Kilmanjaro ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 09:20 PM
"and know what everyone else is going to do"

hahahaah that is one stupid comment..

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 09:22 PM
there are a lot of careless drivers here and I am always aware of what other cars are doing around me. That is how I have maintained myself from being in an accident. There have been plenty of time where people just decide to come into my lane, and i usually know that they are going to do it, so i slow down or change lanes before they hit me. It is not that hard to tell when some one is thinking of changing lanes with out a blinker.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Riiiiiight, just hope your insurance agent isn't reading this thread. Make sure when you get in your next accident that you tell the cop that it had to be the other person's fault because "you have perfect driving skills and you knew exactly what the other person was doing so it was perfectly safe to do 110 in a 50 and it must have been the other person's fault." That is if you're still around to share your ignorance.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 09:34 PM
As far as I am concerned I have a clean record. Not tickets and no accidents, and it is for that reason I pay $90 a month on my Spec-V. Im 21 and not married!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 11:58 PM
thats not bad for your age.. i pay $725 a YEAR for my Spec-V insurance. but im 30.

StealthB14
02-19-2002, 12:37 AM
Okay, enough is enough here. Aldo, I have the utmost faith in you that you're a great driver, and everything, but come on, seriously, I live in California, and I have seen people doing the stupidest things while driving. As I said before in the locked thread, I think racing is fine, but NOT on a busy freeway. Its so dangerous.

You don't know what anyone else is going to do. Racing when no one else is around IMO is understandable. But when other people are around, you are taking their lives in your hands. I'm glad you don't live around me, there are enough stupid kids who "know exactly what I'm going to do" around here. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Aldo, you need to realize that at such high speeds, if god forbid there is a major traffic pile up ahead, you require a hell of a lot more stopping distance, You'll add to it. Dude, just be careful and don't be arrogant and stupid.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 01:30 AM
Man, i hit some debris on an empty highway going under the speed limit, lost control of my old-car (2001 Civic Si w/17" rims) and wrecked it. I'm lucky to be alive....how you can race in traffic is beyond me.

[ 02-19-2002, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Ex-Civic Si ]

Mav1178
02-19-2002, 02:59 AM
Here is the bottom line:

If you speed beyond the safe limits of the road, you are putting yourself in danger. What if your car has a safety defect? What if you blow a tire? What if a place crashed in front of you suddenly?

You cannot predict these things. By racing on public roads, you only increase the danger to yourself and to those around you. To say that there was only a car or two around and also say that there was "no real danger" is irresponsible, because some drivers panic and will swerve into your lane if they see something that scares them. As lame as that sounds, no two people think/act the same way.

I'm moving this to the Road Kills forum. You can blab all you want about your driving skills there.

-alex

Big Bizzel
02-19-2002, 02:36 PM
I think all ya'll gotta sit back and think a bit. No racing unless on a track is responsible driving. Even when no one else is around. Someone could come out on a bike when you lest expect it. I think racing on a freeway is safer then through the streets. Everyone here has done it.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Big Bizzel:
I think all ya'll gotta sit back and think a bit. No racing unless on a track is responsible driving. Even when no one else is around. Someone could come out on a bike when you lest expect it. I think racing on a freeway is safer then through the streets. Everyone here has done it.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Well said. Hence, why this section is called "road kills." Everyone who considers themselves an enthusiast has driven spiritedly on the street or freeway before, whether on their own or against someone else. That's just the nature of the beast. You won't see anyone here posting how they beat someone on the dragstrip or around the track during a track day or autox. NO most of the people here want to talk about the, dare I say, dumb and irresponsible driving that most of us here are guilty of doing and we revel in that. Some stories are crazier or dumber than others but the principle is the same.

Aldo, I've only met you once man and you seem like a cool guy. I just hope for your sake and others, that you don't take your driving skills or your instinct and let it get to your head as a sign of superior driving skills. It's only luck and that will only last for so long. I'm not gonna lecture you because it's not my business but just be safe out there and do the right thing when it comes time for you to. I'd like to be able to continue to see all of the spec v owners in HOUSTON in one piece on the weekends. Peace!! http://www.freshalloy.com/

The_Chosen_One
02-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Aldo, I am like you, and I "try", keyword TRY, to be aware of all my sorroundings when driving. But you never know what the person beside, in front or behind you is going to do. I come across lane hoping, lane weaving, no siganling, etc. morons everyday. People are just too unpredictable. Sure you can see some idiot ahead of you jumping from lane to lane, in whatever hurry he/she is in and stay a little of aways back away from them; but what if someone reading a map, fiddling with a radio, talking on the phone, etc., plows right into the back of you, while you got your attention on this person ahead of you? You would say to yourself "DAM! I didn't even see that coming" od "Where the hell did they come from", just like the rest of us.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BlueSpec-V:
leave aldo alone now guys, he gets the picture. anyway how many of YOU have NOT signalled a turn?, didn't look to see if a pedestrian is coming on your right BEFORE you turn right? did excessive lane changes (which is illegal) etc. all these 'little' infractions could easily kill someone as well, maybe even easier than speeding. i've read in the kill list, someone writes "i was travelling down the freeway when x pulls up beside me.........". so don't tell me you ALL are safe drivers, we are all a little messy at times, even myself. i had a 1986 VFR 750 motorcycle and had it doing 151mph on the 401 at 5:30am, it was a blast but i was careful in MY mind, maybe NOT YOURS but MINE! you are all a bunch of hypocrites at times, no offence. DON'T bash me now, i'm telling it like it is. the only one who determines our fate is the big-guy in the sky, sometimes he'll let us be messy and sometimes he teaches us a lesson, hopefully with only a few scratches. http://www.freshalloy.com/ <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]dude, if you read the posts on here, we are not all on Aldo's a$$ here. We have said that ALL of us are guilty of doing these things and that for some of us, we have learned to be more conscious and leave that stuff on the track where it belongs. If you do continue to do the street gig, which most will still do, just know the consequences of your actions and don't blame anyone else but yourself. Aldo is just like the rest of us. When you are in the moment, rational thinking goes by the wayside and all you can think about is beating that car next to you at almost any cost....most of the time, that's where we make the mistake right there is at that moment.
the only message i believe is being conveyed here is to just think about it real good before you pull the trigger....get it??

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 01:08 AM
leave aldo alone now guys, he gets the picture. anyway how many of YOU have NOT signalled a turn?, didn't look to see if a pedestrian is coming on your right BEFORE you turn right? did excessive lane changes (which is illegal) etc. all these 'little' infractions could easily kill someone as well, maybe even easier than speeding. i've read in the kill list, someone writes "i was travelling down the freeway when x pulls up beside me.........". so don't tell me you ALL are safe drivers, we are all a little messy at times, even myself. i had a 1986 VFR 750 motorcycle and had it doing 151mph on the 401 at 5:30am, it was a blast but i was careful in MY mind, maybe NOT YOURS but MINE! you are all a bunch of hypocrites at times, no offence. DON'T bash me now, i'm telling it like it is. the only one who determines our fate is the big-guy in the sky, sometimes he'll let us be messy and sometimes he teaches us a lesson, hopefully with only a few scratches. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 06:11 AM
well said RFC, i just noticed that he was getting enuf hassle.
the end. http://www.freshalloy.com/