PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Epox in Australia they are thieves.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Well well. Last year when the 8K7A+ was brand new, my brother bought a machine based on this board. Awesome performance, great overclocking, we were very happy with it. 3-4 months after he bought the board, the board failed. We sent it back to the retailer we purchased the system from, and they installed a loan motherboard while we waited for Epox to provide a replacement.

I chased the fault up with the retailer over this time numerous times. (Who is a friend of mine, sortof, so I know they are decent). It turns out that he has 3 8k7a+ boards that all have the same fault, which he has been trying to RMA with Epox now for over 9 months. My brothers' board has been overseas to Taiwan now for the 5th time, to be 'repaired', and it arrived back this Tuesday. The retailer tested the three boards that came back from being 'repaired', and ALL THREE HAVE THE SAME FAULT STILL!!

After some pressing from my retailer friend, Epox are offering a credit to the people who purchased the board, however, it is only half of the purchase price of the board originally.

So basically, Epox are happy to take 480 dollars off their customers, fail to provide a replacement OR a fix, for OVER 7 months, and only when the retailer presses them on the issue are they willing to credit a little less than half of the original purchase price. They turn around and say "we will credit you $230 to buy another motherboard from us."

Needless to say, I have started talks with my solicitor and I don't care if it costs me more than 5 new motherboards I am going to f@ck these people up.

I just thought I would mention this to you so that you can pass it on to all who may be considering buying an Epox board through Epox Australia.

Cheers,
A rather peeved Joe.

Better the wounds of a friend than the kisses of an enemy.