PDA

View Full Version : Any New SpecV Kills? SVT,Si,GTi

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2002, 01:54 AM
I have been anxious to hear anybody's race w/ a SVT Focus, Civic Si, or a Jetta 1.8T. I have been looking for an SVT Focus everywhere I go, but I'm not sure if they are on sale yet. Anyway I have a long standing hatred of Focus'. When I used to drive my GXE Sentra (w/minimal mods) I got into a long race w/ a Focus ZX2 on the freeway. I got beat pretty good and I have hated them ever since. Though, I have raced a suped up ZX2(headers, intake, exhaust, tach, cold air intake and some other crap) in my Spec. We raced from a complete stop. I immediately pulled out in front but it was a good race he caught up a bit but I dogged him once we got passed 80mph.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-07-2002, 12:58 PM
i raced a jetta 1.8t...but i won..it was my friends car he is stock and i have intake and exhaust...we took it all the way from 0-100...i wasnt looking back but my friend sedthat everytime he would start creeping id shift and pull forward....man i love 6 speed...i have also raced a gti the new 180hp turbo...on the highway and i got my ass handed...but that car looked and sounded like it was pretty modded up

**DONOTDELETE**
03-07-2002, 03:42 PM
SVT focus hasn't been released yet...

They aren't even in production yet. My friend, who works for ford said SVT is very bad about delivery dates.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 01:15 AM
I just got mine yesterday, but its sort of funny... I never really thought about racing anyone with the car. I've got a 2000 Z28 with 7000 miles that only sees the light of day once every week or so, and the Spec V seems like its in slow motion compared to the Camaro (for obvious reasons). I guess I could start going after some imports with the Spec V though! http://www.freshalloy.com/ What cars do you guys regularly kill in your Spec Vs? (stock for stock)

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 01:28 AM
I also have a silver spec. I got the audio fanatic/sunroof deal. Anyway, I have raced mucho civics and NONE have been able to take me, including the CIVIC Si, and the hatchback. They all had mods, some more than others. But as far as stock vs. stock. I have been able to beat a stock Lexus IS300, Acura Integra Type-R & RSX(not typeS) a V-6 trans am, V-6 mercury cougar, a honda accord V-6, V-6 mustang. I don't like to race stock cars, even though my car is totally stock, but it's fun and I had to show them what was up w/ the SPEC. I would like to race a Honda Prelude and a new SVT FOCUS, they should be able to compete very well,but I hope not. Anyway,good choice buying the SpecV, besides the tranny not being very smooth, I have no complaints, and it is fast as hell no matter what the haters say. Peace

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 07:04 AM
I think the prelude would give you troubles. That is if you mean gen 5 with DOHC V-tec. They are fast. Gen 4 you could take, but watch out for the new ones. SVT you will have to wait at least a month, if not longer.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 09:01 AM
I haven't really thrashed mine around yet since its so new. I nailed it once or twice on the test drive... I can't wait to get it up in the mountains to hit some twisties. It seems to handle like a mo-fo. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by DanzBorin:
I think the prelude would give you troubles. That is if you mean gen 5 with DOHC V-tec. They are fast. Gen 4 you could take, but watch out for the new ones. SVT you will have to wait at least a month, if not longer.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]On my way to work this morning a guy in a 4th gen prelude with mods and a kitted out integra both revved at me but it was too early for me and too much traffic to f*&^ around. I'm sure the prelude would be a handfull though. I'm looking around for a SVT too. The dealers around here said they expect them any day now... http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 03-13-2002, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: rfc ]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-13-2002, 11:11 AM
According to automotive industries the SVT production will begin later this month...

**DONOTDELETE**
05-21-2002, 11:52 AM
guys please give us some realistic kills from a spec v.. i have one i know its quick but 911 turbos and wrx's.. comeon. be serious. i beat a 2000 grand am gt... a 2000 camaro rs.. a subaru 2.5 rs.. and a honda accord 6clr. havent raced anything else yet...

**DONOTDELETE**
05-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Greg, I personally have been able to compete with a WRX. You probably don't believe me but I have raced two. The first I ever raced was over a clear 50 mile stretch of 45 North going to Dallas on my way to the Linkin Park Concert. This blue,WRX comes up next to me and the girl i was with says "hey he wants to race", I look over and he is waiving at me and starts flooring it ,then I just floored it in 5th and dropped it into fourth real quick and then back to 5th, and starting pulling away for a short while, it took him a bit to get back next to me then he starting punching again it hard he was pulling away and then I was able to get even pass again and so on, they have 227hp@6000rpm, and that is very impressive, they can go from O-60 in under 6 seconds, which is so tight, but it only has 217torque@4000rpm which is low-end not high end, anyway what I am trying to say is that the WRX is faster from 0-60 and can beat a specV in that type of realm, but in high-end torque the specV is way more torquey and your foot has gas to give at even 85mph. The WRX cannot be beat without mods by a SpecV 0-60, but if the specV had an equal turbo, it would kill the WRX.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-23-2002, 10:06 AM
new 02 civic SI (stock). No problem, slow as dirt. 16.2 1/4mi at Norwalk raceway park. I have a Spec V, I ran 15.183 (stock)

**DONOTDELETE**
05-23-2002, 07:24 PM
the wrx has awd --&gt; good launches --&gt; good 0-60 times

opinions on whether the awd is most responsible for the low 0-60 times? or moreso the hps? or...? thoughts please..

AEROdOUT240sx
05-28-2002, 02:24 PM
houstonspecv,
are u sure the integra type r and the wrx's were racing? awd 227hp vs fwd 175hp....hmmm, i call BS on this guy. and even the integra type r is 195hp and revs a lot higher than a spec v. spec v's are quick, but not wrx or integra typr r quick.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-28-2002, 10:03 PM
I think your long *** name is BS first of all. But anyway to issue my rebutle- The Type R is owned by a close friend of mine and we have even raced since then, as far as the WRX goes, when a car is going normal speed and you start to pass them and then they speed up to pass you and you both simultaneously start going for it, after making eye contact and exceed speeds above the posted speed limits sporadically and without regard for safety, this could be called a race correct? I think you have never driven a SpecV, and therefore you're perspective is uncorraborated. The WRX is fast, and notice I didn't say I beat him, because we didn't race from a complete stop, which I would have lost, but that WRX was racing, and even gave me the thumbs up after we had slowed it down. So next time you go mouthing off think a little more.
Out.

KenFuji
05-29-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DanzBorin:
I think the prelude would give you troubles. That is if you mean gen 5 with DOHC V-tec. They are fast. Gen 4 you could take, but watch out for the new ones.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]actually you will have more trouble with the gen4 V-tec then the gen 5 lude. the gen 4 has a weight advantage over the 5th gen.

AEROdOUT240sx
05-29-2002, 10:46 PM
houstonspecv, go ahead and beleive you beat those cars. tell us about some other dreams you may have had of u racing and beating cars who are obviously quicker than you are. we are all interested in hearing them.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by AEROdOUT240sx:
houstonspecv, go ahead and beleive you beat those cars. tell us about some other dreams you may have had of u racing and beating cars who are obviously quicker than you are. we are all interested in hearing them.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Your grammar and spelling are very childish, but your ignorance is beside the point. The point is that you are driving an old *** vehicle, that would never be able to beat me without many mods.
I don't believe (not beleive), I know I was able to compete with those cars. I never said I beat them totally, your negativity and insecurity brought you to think that I am posing and lying about my races. You are whack and ignorant and you wish you had a specV. You know that is the truth.
P.S. Don't fly away with your big space shuttle wing- you damn ricer! AerodOUt- no, the aerod look is out!

AEROdOUT240sx
05-30-2002, 04:13 PM
yeah, i suppose u would beat me. i only have an sr20det. bum.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2002, 05:04 PM
Look, Just accept that the specV is a great car and that I am not a liar when it comes to my races, or anything else that I write about and I will no longer respond to you in a negative manner. I really like 240SX's and pretty much all Nissans, It's a shame that you had to attack me with your negative vibe and now we're not even talking about cars anymore, we're arguing about them.

FUtec2k
06-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Ladies, calm down.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Balboa:
Ladies, calm down.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Mrs. Balboa could you please not comment anymore.
Until you have something meaningful to say would be good.