PDA

View Full Version : I just got cooked by a Suzuki 800 - wtf?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2002, 04:29 AM
I don't know how to tell this. It's still kinda not real...

Alright. Only a few hours ago, I am taking a cruise back from a friends place in my car - an '81 ford LTD, 351,(5.8 litre V8 for those who don't know - and if you don't know, shame on you! ;p LOL) holley 750 double pumper, 2.5 inch single exhaust, extractors, FMX 3spd auto, shift kit, 9" diff. It does take off quite well but it's nothing compared to a 200sx or a silvia. Leather seats, luxury options, definitely not a dragster by any means. I mean it's not slow, and it can win the occasional drag, but it's not really a hard car.

Aaaanyway, I'm cruising around listening to the latest album from DJ Tiesto, 'In My Memory'. Certainly not hyper driving techno, just really chilled nice calm relaxing trance. This chick pulls up next to me at a set of lights in a little black suzuki 800 thing. Roughly an 88 model. I know what they are cause my mom used to have one. Rad little cars, because their very reliable, fuel efficient, but definitely not performance cars. 3cyl 800cc thing. Weigh about 650 kilos. Anyway, I normally wouldn't have cared except that this chick was, well, quite hot if you know what I mean. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Anyway, I'm sitting there, listening to tiesto, with my lumpy old 351 doing its usual lumpy rumble, the idea of dragging this chick next to me is the furthest idea from my mind. Anyway, I hear this noise next to me that sounds like a thousand angry grasshoppers, and I kinda look sideways at this little suzuki and I'm thinking wtf?!? She must have seen the total puzzled look on my face cause she starts revving the little beast again, and yes, it was this chick wanting a drag.

First of all, let's stop right here and consider something for a second. My LTD is not fast, but it can hold it's own with most normal V8s. Her car is the .8 in my 5.8 litre V8. it's got 3 of my 8 cylinders. She's a chick. A hot chick at that. Hot chicks, in suzuki 800s, don't drag guys in 5.8 litre v8s. Furthermore, Tiesto has lulled me into a blissful happy, amiable chilled mood, and having a drag is the furthest thing from my mind!

I sorta shake my head and check that this is real. Yep. It is! The grasshoppers were telling me they were keen! LOL! Anyway, I was in a good mood so I thought 'why not, I'll oblige this chick.' so I lightly revved my beast, looking at her and smiling, just giving it a bit in acknowledgement that I understood what she meant.

The thing is, that I still wasn't taking the whole drag thing seriously because, well, how hard can a suzuki 800 go? My intention was to give my beast enough stick so that it would sound like I was seriously trying to beat her, but I was intending to let her win by a nose so I could, at the next set of lights, turn down my stereo and pretend to be amazed by her car and ask her what it was. And perhaps, even get her number. You know, strike up a convo. I figured any hot chick that has the spunk (or the ignorance) to take on a 351 in a suzuki 800 was a chick that I wanted to at least talk to!

Anyway, so the light goes green, and off we go. Fully expecting to be able to keep on top of this little suzuki with ease, I was amazed when the little thing shot like a little bullet ahead of me. For that critical second, I didn't react, still not really comprehending what had just happened. Then it sank in. She had taken off like a rocket! Alarmed, I tromped my beast and after a half a second of my tail shifting sideways a bit, I heard the usual howl of my 8 pots roaring their enthusiasm, and I expected to catch her.

I couldn't. After I floored it, I managed to slow the rate at which she was leaving me behind but try as I could I couldn't catch her! A bit shocked, tiesto forgotten, I rocked up beside her at the next lights. Mr Nice Guy had left the building. She was laughing so hard. This chick was laughing her head off at me! This cannot be tolerated! I revved my car, she looked at me, with this look like 'what - you want more?' and I was like 'bring it on!'

Sitting on the limit of my torque converter, 2200rpm, foot firmly on the brake and acelerator pedal ready to plunge, we waited for the green light. For an onlooker, it must have looked so ridiculous! A guy, in a V8 LTD, intent gaze focused on the traffic lights, an intent and hardened drag veteran, and a chick, in a 3cyl 800cc suzuki showing the same deadly focus for the same reason! This tiny little car beside a massive old one, having a drag!

Anyway, the light went green and I shot the pedal to the metal. My beast picked up and went. Hers went harder. I'm flogging mine for all it's worth and she is pulling away from me as if I was racing my friend in his Silvia! I can't believe it! I just watched it surge away! LOL!

Anyway, I never got the chance to ask her what was in it cause she took a turn just after that and we went our separate ways, but all I could think of on the way home right now is "I have to tell this on Freshalloy!" So, there it is. 81 LTD cooked by a Suzuki 800. A suzuki 800 driven by a chick. And a hot chick at that.

I think I need therapy... LOL!

Cheers,

Joe.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2002, 07:19 AM
quite a colourful detailing of the story. hahahhaa.. =) btw, shame on you!... for not... picking up the chick. lol ;D

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2002, 10:06 AM
LOL

Thanks for the story, man. Would you mind if I repost this elsewhere?

abailey269
04-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Nice story man. I just did a little searching on www.car-stats.com (http://www.car-stats.com) but they didnt have a listing for "a little black suzuki 800 thing" so i just looked at every suzuki they had listed most were 17sec plus in the 1/4 mile the fastest was a 16.5. It didnt have a listing for the LTD but i would think a modified on would run a lot faster than that. She must have seen F&F and was juicing it!!

Great story man. You should consider writing for a magazine---very colorful story, paints a realistic picture for us readers http://www.freshalloy.com/

-Aubrey

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by DallasRedSpecV:
LOL

Thanks for the story, man. Would you mind if I repost this elsewhere?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Yeah. Post away! ;D

**DONOTDELETE**
04-01-2002, 02:09 PM
It looked almost exactly like my moms, which was a SS 80V or ST 80. A little squarish tiny little thing. Tiny. LOL! Took me a while to get over the shock I tell ye... ;-)

Cheers,

Joe.

Originally posted by abailey269:
Nice story man. I just did a little searching on www.car-stats.com (http://www.car-stats.com) but they didnt have a listing for "a little black suzuki 800 thing" so i just looked at every suzuki they had listed most were 17sec plus in the 1/4 mile the fastest was a 16.5. It didnt have a listing for the LTD but i would think a modified on would run a lot faster than that. She must have seen F&F and was juicing it!!

Great story man. You should consider writing for a magazine---very colorful story, paints a realistic picture for us readers http://www.freshalloy.com/

-Aubrey<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2002, 01:38 AM
Lost interest in reading.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-02-2002, 09:18 PM
To ease your suffering a bit, I know they sold some of those cars (maybe badged as pontiac fireflys) with a turbo...at least they did up here in Canada. If thats what it was you got a classic sucker pulled on you..it happens up here...they crank up the boost on that little rocket (not real good for that engine..but its a disposible car http://www.freshalloy.com/ ) I don't know the hp output they get but in a car that weight 1800 lbs (to your 3800 or so...yup thats a TON of difference http://www.freshalloy.com/ ) you are bound to lose.
She played ya dude! Good thing you weren't racing for cash!
Pat

Steeles
04-18-2002, 07:03 AM
dear GOD that was funny I got tears coming outta my eyes over here!! too much. I fully agree with Aubrey, you should be writing for a magazine or something. A+ man. soory you lost but what a great story

Brandon