PDA

View Full Version : LOL, I got spanked!!!

ewraven
04-29-2002, 10:41 PM
I've got it floored on the access road the other day. I'm in my 98 Frontier K/C 2wd(with a truck box full of tools), so I'm watching the speed steadily increase as I'm in 2nd and got it floored. When I hit 40mph, I see one of the new Chevy Full size HDs trucks behind me keeping up. I keep it floored and run all the way up to 55mph in 2nd(I don't have a tach). As I'm shifting into third, this big freaking truck passes me. http://www.freshalloy.com/ That was the saddest day of my life. I knew my truck was slow; but good grief, I didn't even give him a run for his money. But, I shouldn't be too sad; those trucks have massive amounts of torque.

If only I had been in my Spec V, he never even would've seen me.

Wobble
04-29-2002, 10:57 PM
I know for a fact the 95 hardbody 4x4 V6 can thrash both the old and new dodge ram V8s from a dead stop.. so there is still some comfort I can take in that.

and Ford F-250s

Avalance

BTW is yer 98 a V6?

ewraven
04-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Nope, they didn't make the V6 in 98 for the Frontier(at least not in the US). My truck is a 3400 pound 143hp 2.4 liter four banger.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-29-2002, 11:29 PM
thats why u lost to a V8HD that has more than 400lb of torque. But like u said, u'd easily blow him on your spec v.

-'00max

Wobble
04-29-2002, 11:59 PM
trucks arnt race cars.. even though the occasional rice kill occurs..

but hey, lets see a civic in the sand or mud..

**DONOTDELETE**
04-30-2002, 10:03 PM
One time I got smoked off the line by a big fat Cadillac - I was kind of embarrassed till I got home and looked it up - 300HP and 295 Ft-lbs torque, even though it weighed in at 4000 lbs I was still at a huge HP/wt disadvantage in my 240sx. 40% more weight but almost twice as much HP, and 84% more torque.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2002, 10:59 PM
heh. how about getting killed by a chick in a 3cyl suzuki 800cc thing. In a ford LTD, 351 V8, weighing 1700 kilos. it was pretty funny actually. I don't mind it too much. was kinda fun... http://www.freshalloy.com/

Joe

**DONOTDELETE**
05-03-2002, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I'll bet http://www.freshalloy.com/ . I had something similar a couple nights back - I love it when chicks tailgate me, then we come up on twisties and I leave them way behind in my 240. Well, I was pulling out of a shopping center when this cute little blonde in a lowered black prelude with exhaust and big chrome rims went by fairly fast. Up the road was a nice tight S turn I like to go through at about 50. I caught up to her just before the turn, doing about 45 or so, and waited for the brake lights. She ACCELERATED THROUGH IT!! A girl who can corner!! Ahhh, if only I wasn't happily married (and probably twice her age).

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2002, 11:12 PM
How about chicks who try to get you killed. On the freeway I see this new civic si cruising fast. What the hell, I started for its *** and the civic sped up, about 95-100. I can handle that, sure. Then crap, the si pulled right and I see a rear end of a car comming at me fast. 20 ft, 15 ft (swerve blindly with full throttle or slow down), I hit the brakes and shifted to third. Okay I lost, whatever, my fault for not looking around.

A minute later the civic was exiting so I looked to give the driver the "yes you kicked my *** " nod and damn it was a fine chick. I got turned on and immediately lost it as I started to laugh.