PDA

View Full Version : sr20det vs. 2001 Camaro SS

Bolo
05-01-2002, 01:36 PM
First of all, my car is a 1992 240sx with a blacktop s13 engine. I have the basic bolt ons: K&N air filter, Greddy FMIC, 3 inches from the turbo all the way back, and boost set at 14psi.

Well, I was coming home from a party last week when this encounter took place. I was cruisin on the freeway, in the second to fastest lane, going about 70. Then in my sideview mirror I see this black SS coming up quick in the fast lane. He slows down quickly and starts cruisin right next to me. I look over at the guy (who was by himself, I had 3 heads in my car) and he seems young, probably still in high school. He just grins and takes off. I said "Hell Naw!", so I dropped it in third and start catching up to him. By the time third is redlined I'm going a 100 mph. Once in fourth gear I'm dead even with him and I start pulling away. The look on his face was priceless..haha. But, my fun had to end shortly. While unwinding fourth gear, I felt the worst feeling in the world. That damn speed limiter!! Once I hit the limiter my car just died and the SS flew by me. I was so pissed! I had him beat too. Oh well, I guess the next mod will be the Greddy Speed Cut Controller!

**DONOTDELETE**
05-01-2002, 04:14 PM
What was your speed before your spdcontroller went off? Nice job, considering his ride was an SS.

-'00max

Air Dorifuto
05-01-2002, 05:35 PM
I would consider that a kill http://www.freshalloy.com/ . Imagine if you were riding alone, w/o the extra weight.

Bolo
05-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Well I'm not sure how fast I was going cuz my speedometer only goes to 110 mph. The needle was pinned past that and I was still accelerating. I probably need to get a new speedometer guage too http://www.freshalloy.com/

Bolo
05-01-2002, 10:48 PM
By the way, anyone know what a Camaro SS does in the quarter?

[ 05-01-2002, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Bolo ]

Wobble
05-01-2002, 11:32 PM
what exactly does the SS have over the z28 anyway?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Bolo:
First of all, my car is a 1992 240sx with a blacktop s13 engine. I have the basic bolt ons: K&N air filter, Greddy FMIC, 3 inches from the turbo all the way back, and boost set at 14psi.

Well, I was coming home from a party last week when this encounter took place. I was cruisin on the freeway, in the second to fastest lane, going about 70. Then in my sideview mirror I see this black SS coming up quick in the fast lane. He slows down quickly and starts cruisin right next to me. I look over at the guy (who was by himself, I had 3 heads in my car) and he seems young, probably still in high school. He just grins and takes off. I said "Hell Naw!", so I dropped it in third and start catching up to him. By the time third is redlined I'm going a 100 mph. Once in fourth gear I'm dead even with him and I start pulling away. The look on his face was priceless..haha. But, my fun had to end shortly. While unwinding fourth gear, I felt the worst feeling in the world. That damn speed limiter!! Once I hit the limiter my car just died and the SS flew by me. I was so pissed! I had him beat too. Oh well, I guess the next mod will be the Greddy Speed Cut Controller!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]How much does a greddy speed cut controller run about. I have a det in me sentra and it only goes up to 115. Totally ruins everything....SS run low 13,s stock. Nice kill.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-02-2002, 11:08 PM
my friends' '92 S13 silvia did a run at a local strip a few days ago, and it did a 12.6. That was running 10psi boost, cause we have run out of toluene. (we buy 200 litre drums)

Those 92 Silvias are quick. Yours running 14 psi and with 3 people in the car as far as I'm concerned would be quite a match for a low 13's SS. http://www.freshalloy.com/

joe

Bolo
05-02-2002, 11:13 PM
They have it on Enjuku Racing (http://www.enjukuracing.com) for $109. But I'm not sure if they're interchangeable between fwd and rwd sr's.

[ 05-02-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Bolo ]

Bolo
05-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Joe:
What other mods does your friend have on his Silvia? That's a very good time for only 10 psi. Everything I've read so far says the sr20 should only run low 13's at 14 psi. Did he have street tires or slicks? I'm planning on going to the track some time this month, so I'll know for sure what my car can do.