PDA

View Full Version : My new SR

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 01:56 AM
On saturday i picked up my car from motorex in LA.
Pulls great. Much different from the KA.
The only thing is...
The lead mechanic said that JDM silvias DID-NOT have cruise control..? Is that true..?
Also, MY A/C Compressor is on, but not connected.
I was told it mounts crooked. And that i would just need to get the A/C bracket modified. Is that a common problem?
Thanks for the help anyone.

P.S. What cars do o buy the tune ups parts for..? (sentra 2.0? 300zx TT... ECT...?) oil filter, spark plugs, ect..

97 S14
10-22-2002, 04:00 AM
True... no cruise control. A few people here have been working on intergrating it with the SR motor, but none successfully last I heard. Do you have an SR20DET A/C compressor or your stock KA24DE A/C compressor? The KA24DE compressor does not bolt up to the SR20DET motor. Your best bet is to get an SR20DET A/C compressor if you dont already have one and then have your A/C lines modifed to bolt up to the compressor.

MATT_BACK_VASS
10-22-2002, 05:36 AM
two of the four bolts should line up on the ka24de compressor and sr20det bracket / block.

Society_Mike
10-22-2002, 05:56 AM
true, hardly any cars in Japan have cruise control, only a few luxury cars. Here, its not needed.
To make it work you would probably have to use a different throttle cable assembly and other needed hardware.
But ask yourself, is it really that important?

1mns13
10-22-2002, 08:46 AM
That makes my life a little challenging, because cruise control is a necessity for me. If I use a USDM throttle body from a SR20DE and make something to go to the stock cruise control pod I should be set.
Jared

Greaser_
10-22-2002, 10:16 AM
naw, use a KA throttle body. I had cruise on my car from the get go. if you using SR ecu then you may have a prob....i was using KA ecu in conjunction with the TEC II to control major engine control. ac/cruise/tach all still controlled by stock ecu.

AEROdOUT240sx
10-22-2002, 10:21 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
That makes my life a little challenging, because cruise control is a necessity for me.

[/QUOTE]

can i ask why?

Dousan_PG
10-22-2002, 10:40 AM
cruise control is very nice. i drove from so cali to canada without cruise control and my leg was cramped most of the time. i drive from so cal to norcal at least 3-4 times a year, sometimes to central (Fresno) california at least 5 (or more-visit parents) times a year and cruise control is missed. if you dont drive anywhere, you wont miss it, or need it.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 01:09 PM
cruise control is very nice. i drove from so cali to canada without cruise control and my leg was cramped most of the time. i drive from so cal to norcal at least 3-4 times a year, sometimes to central (Fresno) california at least 5 (or more-visit parents) times a year and cruise control is missed. if you dont drive anywhere, you wont miss it, or need it.

[/QUOTE]

I do that drive often too. Bay Area to LA and back on I5 without cruise control. When my leg feels cramped I just use it as an excuse to push the throttle all the way down to stretch my right leg out. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 02:01 PM
"When my leg feels cramped I just use it as an excuse to push the throttle all the way down to stretch my right leg out"

muahahahaha http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

NY S13 SR
10-22-2002, 02:05 PM
Most DOHC KA AC compressors will bolt up with 2 of 4 bolts. Washers/spacers on the lower front bolt are sometimes required to make it bolt on right.

Cruise control is simple - lengthen the SR throttle shaft with a threaded rod and put the KA cruise control throttle bracket on the extended shaft. If I ever get around to it I will take some pictures.

knate
10-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Cruise control is simple - lengthen the SR throttle shaft with a threaded rod and put the KA cruise control throttle bracket on the extended shaft.

[/QUOTE]
Very interesting.. would you be able to do this with the SR ecu? I'd like to do this if it's possible, as I drive AZ to WA and back a few times a year.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 04:28 PM
back in my day there was no cruise control sonny,,,no jk im only 18 but anyways, there really isnt any need for it just blip the throttle here and there, floor it here and there, enjoy driving your sr, its not to be programmed to sit there idling down th efwy in a straight line its to be used, to be rallied to be raced, if you want a luxury car buy one,or get another car for a daily driver like a sentra ser spec v??

NY S13 SR
10-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Cruise Control uses it's own independent computer, should work with SR no problem.

1mns13
10-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Derek, do you mean to use a KA24DE or KA24E? I want to continue with just one ECU, the SR. I work at a wrecker and we have two SR20DE powered cars that have CC. So those parts available. Depending on the cost of aftermarket CC I might go that route and use an aftermarket steering wheel.

Jared

1mns13
10-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Jeff, I would really appreciate those pictures. Thanks for the speedy shipment. The clutch should be arriving in about two days
Jared

The Head
10-22-2002, 10:39 PM
buy an aftermarket universal cruise control kit like they use on hot rods and then use the FSM wireing diagrams to wire the controls into the steering wheel controls on the 240sx wheel just as an fyi I have driven a 67 mustang with power nothing and 3.88 gears cross country and even it was not that bad

knate
10-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Cruise Control uses it's own independent computer, should work with SR no problem.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks Jeff!