PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to new Murano forum

noelsaw
10-25-2002, 08:14 PM
The new Murano is exciting to those of us at FreshAlloy.com. The CVT and AWD are advances which are a first for Nissan - anywhere in the world. Perhaps we haven't devoted much time to it now but we're hoping to build a rich and vibrant Murano community here. To kick things off we'll have one of the first Murano reviews on the web on November 1st.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 11:14 PM
I had the chance to drive the Murano on Oct 23rd in Minneapolis. The CVT trans is cool. It is so linear. When you nail it the tires do break loose on the front till it detects it and sends power to the rear. Also, the amount of standard features are incredible. The ones we drove were pre production models that are touring the country for training purposes. The rear seat room is great. And the back seats fold down with the one tug on a strap near the door opening. The back seats also can fold down from the hatch area by pulling on a handle. The power adjustable pedals switch is located on the side of the seat, not on the dash. Also, the outside mirrors, driver seat and power padals are tied into the memory function for ease. Tire pressure monitor is standard on the SE and SL. The hood is outfitted with gas struts. No prop rod. The zenon headlamps also have a power tilt adjustability like the Q45. The interior looks great. Even the leather is of higher quality than the maxima or pathy. Three headrests in back seat area. Also rear a/c vents built into the pillars midway up. Corners great! I Got a chance to push it hard thru tight corners under full throttle to engage the VDC(vehicle dynamic control) without feeling like it was going to go sideways. The footprint with the 18" tires is great. Drove a highlander and pilot back to back. No comparison. This thing just plain looks cool in person. When it is coming at you, you kind of stop and wonder"what the hell is that"?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 11:19 PM
I also forgot to add this. While talking to the trainers they informed us that nissan has been selling CVTs for 10 years. In the process they have sold nearly 1 million units. Now, I don't keep up with cars sold in other countries, but that sounds like alot of CVT's. Is it possible? Also, I asked about the steel belt in the tranny. They claim it is good for the life of the Vehicle. It has been over engineered they claim.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-27-2002, 09:31 PM
Jonathan,
Thanks for your review. I really cannot wait to get into a Murano myself. I've been reading the sparse number of reviews over and over again. It's great to hear an "in the car" experience. I'm glad you say there's a lot of room in the back seats. How is the front head room? I plan to have a sunroof as well, and hope there's a lot of head room.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-28-2002, 10:40 AM
I'm 6 feet tall. Actually taller from the waist up. My pathfinder that I have is an LE with sunroof. I drove the sunroof equipped one and was surprised by the headroom. Go sit in a new Altima and you will get the same effect. I was able to set the front seat in a nice position that is stretched out and was impressed with the back seat seating position. The back seat sits nice. The seat bottom is well off the floor. And the seats are great!

jaak
03-06-2005, 04:16 PM
And it seems like only yesterday...

zofsuvs
03-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Yup. And that **DONOTDELETE** guy sure was a prolific poster.

jaak
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I suspect he was diagnosed with multiple personalities...

I'm still puzzled why he likes to delete Donuts... Or maybe he's from Donut Pass. I've seen the signs for that on the highway, many times.

zofsuvs
03-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Hmmm. Did you see those signs on that "Sunlit Copper" road you're driving on in your ID pic? Gotta go easy on the orange glazed donuts at Donut Pass.

jaak
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
My wife keeps slipping me vitamin C pills... Everything looks like that now!