PDA

View Full Version : S14A on S13?

Mel E Bog
06-29-2000, 02:52 PM
Has anyone in America done the S14A front end on the S13? If so how much did it cost or is it pretty easy to do by yourself? TIA

Mel

JonCarson
06-29-2000, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mel E Bog:
Has anyone in America done the S14A front end on the S13? If so how much did it cost or is it pretty easy to do by yourself? TIA

Mel<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only input is that the S14 body is wider than an S13.
You can do it and I've seen it done in Japan, but you'll either have to live with the off-balance width of your car's front and rear, or you'll have to invest in wide-body fenders for your S13 rear.

Mel E Bog
06-30-2000, 03:05 PM
What about getting the lights, corners, grill and hood on it? Easy task, or not so easy task? I think thats the main concern for me since a kit is most likely gonna go on it anyways. TIA

Mel

JonCarson
07-05-2001, 05:05 PM
This is a really old post.

I thought that there may be some people still interested to know about this somewhat rare swap.

Does anyone have any new or additional information to add to this topic?

**DONOTDELETE**
07-05-2001, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carsonjon:
This is a really old post.

I thought that there may be some people still interested to know about this somewhat rare swap.

Does anyone have any new or additional information to add to this topic?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure... there's one around here that's been done for a while now. Friend and I took some pics the other weekend with his digicam, so not sure if he's uploaded them yet.. but let's just say the fit is NOT optimal. In fact, don't expect it to fit well at all. This guy is a somewhat experienced fabricator and it still came out looking like doo.

Demon