PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injectors

**DONOTDELETE**
10-28-2002, 12:43 PM
i got a 90 sohc 240 i was wondering if anyone has a problem with the fuel injector seals? mine are leaking around the injector and puddles are forming. i heard it was a common problem j/c though. does it effect hp? easy to fix?
also about putting a 300 zx fuel pump which years do i need to take it from? thankz

uiuc240
10-28-2002, 12:52 PM
That is really really dangerous. Either get new seals and rebuild them yourself, or just get new injectors from Python or Nissan (if you're rich). Get them NOW. You could have a fire at any time.

Eric

**DONOTDELETE**
10-28-2002, 01:02 PM
i didnt think it was that serious i been letting it go for a little while. ok well i was just going to replace the seal cuz hell no im not rich. anyways if i go to auto zone or somthing just tell them i need a injector sealer kit??? or what?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-28-2002, 02:30 PM
i just disconnect the rail and pull them out right? hard?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Leaking injectors are a common problem with the SOHC's, and often simply replacing the seals will not fully solve the problem. I recently had the same issue and bought a remanufactured injector for about $75. Supposedly you can find them a bit cheaper than that, but if you need 4 it gets a bit expensive either way. But still cheaper than your car catching on fire.

Some relevant threads with good info:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=313923

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=248982

revlis240
10-28-2002, 06:09 PM
i can assure you that just replacing the seals wont work. the injectors develop almost invisable cracks that cause the leaking. i tried replacing the seal and it did me no good on my old SOHC. just replace the injectors w/ some python rebuilt injectors that are $33 each. $130 for some new injectors is not bad at all...and if ur even the slightest bit mechanically inclined, the job is easy. just be careful w/ the tips of the injectors, sneeze too hard and they break off..hehe

-Abe

carluch
10-28-2002, 07:28 PM
python seems to have pretty cheap injectors based on the above mentioned price... does anyone know an oem 550 cc injector that would drop in the sr fuel rail... i know the fd injector is similar but apparently requires some modification. im looking for more of a completely direct drop-in whether it is foreign or domestic... thanks in advance!

asad
10-28-2002, 09:05 PM
For drop-in injectors, you have to go with some from a Japanese tuning company (like Tomei or Apexi).

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 03:15 PM
these rebuilt python injectors everyone talks about where do i get them? can i just go to an autozone or what? ask for them buy name?
thanks for the other article posted i read that one it help alot.