PDA

View Full Version : wraping intake with foil helps?

**DONOTDELETE**
08-30-2000, 04:28 PM
one of my friend said that if i wrap my intake tube air would remain colder because the foil will keep the heat away from it.. thus making for power.. does anybody do this and found it helpful in anyway?

thanks,
Jon

08-30-2000, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea at first, but if you dig a little deeper its not for a couple reasons.

1) The foil will only slow down heat transfer, which means that it'll take longer for the intake to reach the same temperature as the rest of the engine bay, but it will eventually reach the same temperature. But it doesn't really matter since...

2) The air doesn't stay in the intake tube long enough to absorb any significant amount of heat from the tube walls.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simple008:
one of my friend said that if i wrap my intake tube air would remain colder because the foil will keep the heat away from it.. thus making for power.. does anybody do this and found it helpful in anyway?

thanks,
Jon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

youknowho
09-05-2000, 03:22 PM
I have to agree. The most heat that you'll see in your car is from the explosion in your cylinders and beyond as it gets pushed out your exhaust. You'd be dropping money into (gasp) another aftermarket gimmick.