PDA

View Full Version : Northstar engine swap!?!

Ren96240SE
09-13-2000, 10:16 AM
I love stirring the pot for all you tech-heads out there, so how about this one. With the release of the Cadillac Evoq the Northstar engine will be FR configured. Stats for the car 405bhp/385ftlbs. Forget the probable insane cost of the engine, what do you think about dropping it in a 240? I've seen the effects first hand of a Northstar in a Pontiac Fiero. Scary! I'm interested in your feedback.

09-13-2000, 04:54 PM
I think it would be...cool http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ren96240SE:
I love stirring the pot for all you tech-heads out there, so how about this one. With the release of the Cadillac Evoq the Northstar engine will be FR configured. Stats for the car 405bhp/385ftlbs. Forget the probable insane cost of the engine, what do you think about dropping it in a 240? I've seen the effects first hand of a Northstar in a Pontiac Fiero. Scary! I'm interested in your feedback.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
09-18-2000, 03:22 PM
Why not use the VH45DE?

It would cost less than 5 figures to aquire, and might only need a custom adapter plate to fit onto a Z31 or Z32 transmission. A custom length driveshaft, and larger output shafts and CV's from your differential, as well as customized engine mounts, and you could be on your way...and it's a Nissan!

**DONOTDELETE**
09-19-2000, 06:06 AM
Actually, I renege on that description. I bet the entire driveline could be retained, engine to wheels, with a shorter driveshaft

Ren96240SE
09-19-2000, 08:03 AM
Thanks Barney! And now that I'm looking, the ZH (check out this sites handy engine catalog)looks like it would kick a little more *ss. So then it would just mean fabricating a 450SX plate for the back. That's as funny as the looks you would get from a 240 with the 32VNorthstar plate back there.