PDA

View Full Version : What did you guys do to your blow off valves??

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2000, 10:02 PM
After installing my kit, I had a hard time idling. At cold starts the car would not start, and in Park or Nuetral the car would die if I revved to 2k rpm+ and let go of the throttle. I narrowed this down to a few possibilities, most likely was a leak between the MAFS and the throttle body.

So, by playing with my blow off valve (disconnecting and reconnecting), I realized that was the cause of the idle problems. Was it because it was leaking the air out?

Mine is not plumbed back into the intake like it should be; I didn't think it would make a big enough difference to need to.

Yes, the Greddy Type S that I have passes air out during idle. I'm assuming by plumbing this back into the intake between the MAFS and the throttle body, my idle would stable off. Do any of you, especially those with turbos have any input on this??

240sxTurbo
10-23-2000, 04:32 AM
Mine is routed out, and my car does sometimes want to die and is hard to start however I bumped up my idle and now it rarely does it....go figure....but you need it routed back in even if you use a hose to do it and some clamps....but my car does indeed run fine once warmed up and all.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2000, 06:34 AM
If your car still uses a MAF then venting your blow off overboard will skew the air/ fuel mix. Since the blow off vents during throttle lift it should not be a serious problem, unless you get back on the throttle hard which may create a hickup. Your idle will also improve as the engine is stumbling thinking it has more air then it accually does since your venting it overboard. I would re-route it back into the intake just aft of the MAF and before the compressor.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2000, 11:45 PM
Yea I was debating about adjusting the idle because when my car warms up, it starts okay. I think I'll try routing it back into the intake though. Thanks guys.