PDA

View Full Version : S13 Starts for first time with TEC II !!!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2002, 03:54 AM
Well it runs. I started it tonight for the first time. Only one issue so far.

The IAC tube that comes out by the TB is pulling vacuum. There is no plug to the IAC do I need to send voltage to it to close it or just cap off the hose?

As I said I started it and it ran (idled high as hell till I pluged the leak) No smoke!! Sounds good. Not quite ready to drive. Here is what is left

IAC issue
Wire Speedo
Wire Tach
Wire fuel pump relay
install race seats
Install carpet
change oil (ran fresh oil and filter to flush out motor
going to change oil after ~20 min of idling before I
drive it)
Install and paint intercooler pipes (nice to run without
piping since it is not a MAF car anymore)
Install front bumper

Then drive it. It should hit the road tomorrow night. I have insurance and plates for it now. I CANT WAIT!!!

Danny

Greaser_
11-07-2002, 08:40 AM
as for the idle issue, the TEC cant run the nissan control motor so you have two options

remove the nissan idle motor and replace with GM idle motor and housing from electromotive.

use your GPO output to send 12volts to the IAC valve(only at lowrpm and high vac) and put a airflow restricting orriface to get your idle speed. Worked in my 2 cars with 3 different stages of SR20 and 2 stages of a KA

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2002, 10:20 AM
I know the TEC cant controll the Nissan IAC. I left it unconnected. I usually dont run an IAC and dont have much of a problem (guess it is a perk of living in the south or something). I am just wondering why the nissan one is open with no wires to it?

Thanks..

BTW Greaser did you get my e-mail?

Danny

MATT_BACK_VASS
11-07-2002, 11:32 AM
no idlie controller like a man!!

just keep that throttle body cracked just right witht hte stop screw ;-)

man style!!

MATT_BACK_VASS
11-07-2002, 11:35 AM
badass dude@!! Let me know when you find out what the tach signal is and where you had to hook it up to get her to work.. Cause im doing the whole sds thing.. heehhe...

Greaser_
11-07-2002, 12:57 PM
havent checked my email in about a week....sorry. never been home either. this whole week i've been working 9am-9pm at panasonic, then heading to the dyno to tune cars from 9:30pm-12:30 am. kinda busy. 300hp ls/vtec turbo, 402hp B16turbo, 400(expected) hp MR2 tonight, my car on saturday

**DONOTDELETE**
11-08-2002, 04:34 AM
Well greaser I was wondering if you could send me one of your maps. Give me an idea on what to target for when I go to the dyno.

Thanks man. BTW check the post on me getting it running.

Danny

Greaser_
11-08-2002, 12:35 PM
I'll send it....i started to state what the program was tuned for but my setup is sure to be different than yours. What is your max boost going to be?
What bar map sensor do you have?
confirm injector size.

with these three things i can give you your value for TOG and IOS and then you fine tune your VE table on the dyno.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-08-2002, 03:19 PM
TEC II with Wintec software. 450cc injectors. 3 bar map sensor.

I understand completely it will be different. I am more worried about getting the cold start and stuff like that close to work with so I am not completely in the dark. THe miata LOVED the TEC so much I did not have to screw with any of that at all and it ran great. No IAC, no TPS, 400+hp and smooth through the entire powerband...

Thanks.

Danny

Greaser_
11-08-2002, 05:46 PM
450's aint gonna do it. you'll need 550's or 660's. I have 440's in my car right now and i programed them to max at 9psi (my TOG is 12.2) so at 9psi the TOG is 7.37ms at redline which is the max dutycyle at 7600rpm

also you didnt say what your max boost was. I need to know that to tell you how to set you TOG

example: i'm at 9psi on a 2 bar map. my max is 9psi so i need the fuel injectors to be maxed at 9psi. If i tell the TEC II to have a TOG of 7.57ms then the ONLY time it will fire the injectors at that time is when the MAP sensor is at max capacity or 1 bar boost. So you have to change your TOG to offset this less boost.

for my very temporary program i'm using 440's, 50psi static pressure, 7600rpm redline, 9psi boost max

TOG=12.2ms
IOS=-1.5ms
so check this out. 9psi/15psi=60% of map is used 12.2ms TOG*.6 is 7.3ms. So at full boost at redline i'm running 7.3ms

Another thing is my VE table is WACKED cuz of the cams. at 4500rpm i'm pulling -.15 of TOG out and at 2000rpm i'm adding .15 of TOG

throttle enrichments set to .3 TOG for TPS activated, disable map activated. Coolant based throttle enrichment set at .2 TOG
all enrichments set to .35ms

advance tables are another thing. Have you ever set up the TEC II before by yourself? how much help do you need?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-08-2002, 08:49 PM
I have setup a TEC II before. I am completely familiar with the VE table and the Advance table. Honestly most of the TEC II installs I did had a map that was somewhat close and I went from there. For somereason I havent been able to get the statup wizard to work properly for me. I usually use the startup wizard to get the TOG and stuff then use my own numbers (which usually work) for enrichment and stuff of that sort. What I have not delt with is cold start and such (lived in New Orleans during all of this time and cold start is not an issue.)

Thanks for any help man.

Danny