PDA

View Full Version : Dash Clock

240sx
12-20-2000, 06:45 PM
I was installing a CD player the other night (still doesn't work) and I must have done something to screw up my car...(besides the fact the steering is broken)
The CD player won't turn on and the digital clock doesn't display! The backlight comes on but not any digits.

I checked all fuses and the wires for my CD player, and I checked all my fuses for my electronics and what not.

Any Ideas?

[This message has been edited by 240sx (edited 12-21-2000).]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-20-2000, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240sx:
I was installing a CD player the other night (still doesn't work) and I must have done something to screw up my car...(besides the face the steering is broken)
The CD player won't turn on and the digital clock doesn't display! The backlight comes on but not any digits.

I checked all fuses and the wires for my CD player, and I checked all my fuses for my electronics and what not.

Any Ideas?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a reset button on the CD player (a small botton you push in with a pin). Some makes have such a button.

redlyne
12-20-2000, 09:49 PM
Check ALL of your wiring again and make sure everything is what is says it is and that it's getting the right voltage when it should be. This is the first thing you should do. Hooking stuff up funky is an easy way to fry expensive things. How is the steering broken? You might have yanked on some innocent wires. Also, are your gauges or car's digital clock acting wierd? There's a fuse under the hood (in one of the boxes, not sure) labeled electronics. Check it if they are. Good luck.

Sean

240sx
12-21-2000, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redlyne:
How is the steering broken?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I drove it up on a baracade...
Some guy sloweed right down infront of me on a highway and I swerved to miss something else, and lost control...Broe two pieces and bent the Transvers Link.

I have no idea if my frame is bent, I hope not.

redlyne
12-21-2000, 01:11 PM
Bummer. Hopefully it's not. did you find that fuse? I'll look for it on mine. Also, the faq at 240sx.org is an awesome resource.

Sean

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240sx:
I drove it up on a baracade...
Some guy sloweed right down infront of me on a highway and I swerved to miss something else, and lost control...Broke two pieces and bent the Transvers Link.

I have no idea if my frame is bent, I hope not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
12-21-2000, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUPER HICAS:
Is there a reset button on the CD player (a small botton you push in with a pin). Some makes have such a button.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that 240sx, I thought you were talking about the clock display on your CD player. As far as the dash clock the reason why the light in it still comes on is that it is the dash light, the digits on the other hand are seperate from this. Like Redlyne mentioned it could be a fuse, check the fuse box behind the drivers side kickpanel as well. Try your horn to see if it still works as far as I can remember the horn and clock are on the same fuse. They both require constant power from the battery, unlike the lighter which only works when the ignition is on. For your CD player this fuse could also be the reason it doesn't work. Your CD player has both a ignition and battery wire you may have hooked these up wrong to the cars wiring, in turn possibly blowing a fuse. Also make sure you have a good ground. Like Redlyne said, I would re-trace all the wiring and re-checked the fuses (even pull them and replace them incase of a bad connection).

240fan
12-21-2000, 01:17 PM
is that clock run off the radio? or is it a self contained clock? I think its self contained which means the fuse might be blown, check all of them and maybe reset the car by undoing the negative cable on the batt for a few minutes.