PDA

View Full Version : NSport Turbo with JWT ECU...



**DONOTDELETE**
12-28-2000, 09:47 PM
would JWT be able to tune my ecu even if my car isn't there? could i send it to them while i am installing the turbo and have it back tuned correctly?

thanks,
-chris
mxyzptlk@home.com

rextreme
12-29-2000, 05:46 AM
From what I understand, JWT can't tune your ecu to your cars specifics unless it's there. They will just give you a "generic" program. But, also from what I hear, the "generic" programs are still really good.

Tom http://www.racingextreme.com

12-29-2000, 05:47 AM
In a sense, JWT's programs are sort of "generic" -- you tell them you'll be running a turbo, and what size injectors and MAF you're using, and they'll send you a program. They have programs already made for certain combinations such as stock compression/MSD 50lb/hr injectors/Ford Cobra MAF, or one for use with a 300ZXTT MAF and 370cc/min injectors. In this sense, its not really a "tune" -- they'll send you an ECU program that will work, and has been tested to work. Now, will it give you the most power? Well, not likely -- JWT's tuning for street cars tends to be conservative. But that's good, because you don't want a blowed-up engine http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mxyzptlk:
would JWT be able to tune my ecu even if my car isn't there? could i send it to them while i am installing the turbo and have it back tuned correctly?

thanks,
-chris
mxyzptlk@home.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

12-29-2000, 07:01 AM
Damn, Tom you beat me by a minute! http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rextreme:
From what I understand, JWT can't tune your ecu to your cars specifics unless it's there. They will just give you a "generic" program. But, also from what I hear, the "generic" programs are still really good.

Tom http://www.racingextreme.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rextreme
12-29-2000, 11:09 AM
Heh... gotta type faster than that. =)

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
Damn, Tom you beat me by a minute! http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



[This message has been edited by rextreme (edited 12-29-2000).]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-02-2001, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know the specs of the Nsport kit? Especially the specs of the Turbo.

01-02-2001, 08:38 AM
http://www.nsport.com/kitinfo.html

Maybe you could email them and get the specifics on the turbo (A/R, compressor trim, etc).

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xfactor240:
Does anyone know the specs of the Nsport kit? Especially the specs of the Turbo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
01-04-2001, 06:54 AM
I tried to get the specs from them but they wouldn't tell me. Something about it being their product and they would lose money because then I could just build my own turbo kit using their specs or something like that.

01-04-2001, 07:39 AM
Blah, they suck then. Tell them that you're trying to make an informed, intelligent decision about turbo kits, and without that information there's no way you'd consider an Nsport kit.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xfactor240:
I tried to get the specs from them but they wouldn't tell me. Something about it being their product and they would lose money because then I could just build my own turbo kit using their specs or something like that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>