PDA

View Full Version : SR & headlight probs

SlowEXd
11-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Well first I'll introduce myself since this is my first post. I'm matt from the Dayton, OH area.
I have to thank all of you. I completed my swap and it's running strong all without registering here on FA. (The search feature's great isn't it)

But now, here's my problem. I was out cruising(breaking in clutch) in my newly finished swap(yesterday) and it started to get dark. Well guess what no headlight on my 93 240. The lights pop up but no lights. I drove it straight home and haven't even looked at it yet due to dark and cold.

Has this happened to any one else. Fuses are good. Haven't checked relays yet. does the lighting go thru the main harness? Or is it separate in the power harness?
Any suggestions on where to look first tomorrow?
Thanks
Matt

ThanatosZ
11-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Gez, so that's 3 SR peeps in dayton? I should be finished with mine in a few weeks.. Man i'd like to see your ride, what mods do you have done?

Edit: few weeks= (could be 3-5) lol, depending on when my parts get here.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

ThanatosZ
11-24-2002, 11:18 AM
I had a problem similar, But Im running an aftermarket H4 wiring harness. It ended up being a relay fuse on the harness. Just be sure an check every fuse/relay. oh and big question, hatch or coupe?

DRAG_LIMITED
11-24-2002, 11:42 AM
yeah check relay's!

SlowEXd
11-24-2002, 08:24 PM
well turned out to just be a loose connection. Had to look around quite a bit to find it though. Thanks for the input guys.

Info: 93 SE Fastback. Needs body work, already is about 1/4 primer. It's ugly but it moves.
Redtop SR20DET
Greddy VSPL FMIC
3" through test pipe to Dual N1
Greddy type-S to atmosphere
Mines ECU
and other gauges and stuff.....
running stock boost (for now)

ThanatosZ I noticed you are in Beavercreek we'll have to meet up sometime. I travel for work but I'm usually around on weekends.

ThanatosZ
11-24-2002, 11:32 PM
nice.. what kind of bodywork does it need? I live over by the fairfield commons mall, down the street from it actually. Im hoping to get mine done asap, still waiting on some parts tho. mine's a 93 coupe (redtop SR) going to be running a JWT+S-afc setup, tons of other stuff. Im happy to hear SR's are around dayton, more then I thought. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Got AIM? or ICQ?