PDA

View Full Version : Rpm's

**DONOTDELETE**
01-30-2001, 10:35 PM
Does any one here with an auto know how high your rpm's go when it's going to shift to second and you have the risistor disconected?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2001, 01:40 PM
Oh come on somebody here has to know this one. http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2001, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240GT-R:
Does any one here with an auto know how high your rpm's go when it's going to shift to second and you have the risistor disconected?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same shift points as normal. The ECU still controls shift points as if eveything were status quo. Only difference is tranny changes gear more quickly.

If you disconnect the TPS and go for a drive, tranny will only shift at high RPMs. But no one would do this except me, only to see what effect it had.

Mike
92 LE COUPE

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2001, 08:10 PM
Thanks "ineedsocks", but I had to try it out since nobody had replied. And is there anything that can change the shift points?
I am planing on upgrading my ecu,but not with jwt,way to expensive. I am having it done by jet.

[This message has been edited by 240GT-R (edited 01-31-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2001, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240GT-R:
Thanks "ineedsocks", but I had to try it out since nobody had replied. And is there anything that can change the shift points?
I am planing on upgrading my ecu,but not with jwt,way to expensive. I am having it done by jet.

[This message has been edited by 240GT-R (edited 01-31-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only way to change the shifts points is to alter the ECU. This would add to the cost o a moded ECU. The stock shft points are well optimized to the car. If you change cam's however you may want to up the shift points.

Mike
92 LE COUPE

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2001, 10:18 PM
It might sound weird but if you keep it in first or second, especially first you can go way up. I once acidentally went to 7500 on an 90'. I did not realize I left it in the 1st. But the engine needs to be swaped so who cares.
As for your question around 6300rpm is how it works in mine.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2001, 10:38 PM
When I owned an automatic I just shifted from 1st, 2nd, then drive. You can shift when you want then. Unless of course you are trying to shift higher in 4th or 5th. I had a jet tuned automatic ECU, well actually I still have it, they removed speed governor, and rev I belive. I'm not 100% sure if they removed the rev, I never shifted that high anyway. My car that has the jet ECU is an '89 auto. You probably want to have yours tuned to what you have on your car, but I'll sell mine. When I had mine tuned I had an intake, exhaust, and ignition. I didn't feel any horsepower gains, but the speed governor was gone.

kdh764@cs.com

Good Luck.