PDA

View Full Version : Auto Seatbelt/Clock problem

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2001, 11:13 AM
Some accessories are not working in my 93 s13 when the car is off. The automatic seatbelts only work when the key is in the on position. Also, around the same time this happened, my clock on my dash went dead. It never works now. I can't tell you if my radio would work, because it got stolen and I am waiting for a replacement. Desktop Mini ghetto blaster gets me by for now.

The seatbelt issue is a real PITA. Especially for the passenger. Any suggestions?

I have checked all fuses inside the passenger compartment and the engine bay.

[This message has been edited by myztro1 (edited 02-07-2001).]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2001, 02:16 PM
did the radio get stolen when the clock went out? if so, check the fuse for the clock,but make sure the cut radio wires aren't touching each other or anything metal. some times when thieves cut the radio harness, it shorts out the constant 12v, which it shares with the clock power.

oops, you said you checked fuses. did you check to see if each fuse was continuous? sometimes fuses look ok at first glance, but show to be blown when hooked up to a continuity tester.

[This message has been edited by tatsumaki (edited 02-07-2001).]

JonCarson
02-07-2001, 04:09 PM
Seatbelts should be covered for the life of the car by Nissan. If you're having problems with them, call a dealership immediately.