PDA

View Full Version : s13 starter relay????????

blk180sx
12-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Does the s13 have a starter relay? If so where is it located?
Thank You in advance for any help provided.

revlis240
12-14-2002, 07:29 PM
theres a clutch interlock relay thats located next to the hole for the washer fluid on the passangers side inside fender. its a little 1" square relay that on my S13 SOHC was blue, but they seem to change colors every year so who knows hehe...

HTH,
Abe

blk180sx
12-16-2002, 06:32 AM
but is there a starter relay on the s13? if so where is it and what color is it?
thanks!

SashaAnis
12-16-2002, 07:02 AM
theres the big black and red wire to the main terminal, and on 1989 240s its also a pretty big wire (about the same gauge as the white alternator wire, maybe a bit smaller) and its on a black and yellow wire. It should get 12V only when the key is on start. other than that it should be dead. Its located in the fuse box area and runs back on wires you would connect your lower wiring harness. I couldn't find mine for hte longtest time either because i kept looking for a single plug. It was actually in a two wire connector. I dont know if yours will be black/yellow but i hope it is to make it easier. Anyways there are only 3 overly thick wires, white alternator, black/red power for starter, and this other one (black/yellow) for starter signal. I hope this is what you mean.

Good luck!