PDA

View Full Version : custom headlight controller

projectsilvia1
12-15-2002, 09:33 PM
to all you that want the sleepy eye look with your lights on and dont want to get out of the car........ to have your head lights on while you are controlling the motors you have to:
dissconect your headlight motors...start on the passinger side of the car. Find the power wire from the harness side of the connection...then splice a line off of that power wire and dont cut the line yet....then do the same thing from the driver side of the car....make sure you leave a little bit of wire so you can move them around if you have to....

next use a butt connector and put those two wires from the motor and connect it to one wire that you will run into your car to a toggle switch..and that is all you need to do...plug your motor connectors back on and test your switch....

now you have to do the other headlight mod to make the lights go back down. this is how you can have your headlights on and still control the height of your pop up headlights....

if you have any questions please e mail me at adidasheath@hotmail.com

my name is Mike
thanks

one8hatch
12-15-2002, 09:53 PM
just wondering is there anyway you'd be able to push the bottom of the light housing forward, so that when the lights are on while sleepy, you still get the light pointed to the road, instead of pointe down? make sence?

mattmartindrift
12-16-2002, 04:15 AM
there is a much easier way...I forget the site link, maybe someone has it. My girlfreind and I both installed a toggle switch to the power wire (for the lights down motion) off of the head light button on the left side of the dash. It works well, as you turn off your lights your switch is toggled off, and when you want to drop to sleepy eye you just toggle on and off quickly to where you want them.

Matt

one8hatch
12-16-2002, 09:07 PM
i did it that way, but when you turn on the lights it pops back up, i would like em to stay sleepy when the lights are on too.

DaveEEE
12-16-2002, 09:17 PM
At night? You won't be able to see [censored].

-dave, 93 ka24det

projectsilvia1
12-16-2002, 11:30 PM
this is the way to have you headlights on while you control the pop up head lights..you have to do the one on the dash as well to get the headlights to go back down.
Mike

HyperTek
12-17-2002, 01:13 AM
http://streetphase.tripod.com/sleepyeyes.html