PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Bushing

wxguy95
02-26-2001, 01:23 PM
Hi all,

My 96 240 sx recently started to squeak everytime I pushed the clutch. I got under the dash to find that the bushing between the fork and spring had broken apart.

I ordered the new bushing, but now I can't figure out how to get it on there. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Has anyone come across this and if so how do you get separate that little fork from the spring?

Thanks,

-Mike

JonCarson
02-26-2001, 01:49 PM
Hard work and determination....

But seriously, I don't think there are any tools for that. I had that problem a loooong time ago. I don't completely remember, but I seem to recall taking the pin out that's holding the spring. Be careful you don't pinch your fingers in there.

I'll have to go look at my car now. If I find anything to add, you'll see it below.

mzf
02-26-2001, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wxguy95:
Hi all,

My 96 240 sx recently started to squeak everytime I pushed the clutch. I got under the dash to find that the bushing between the fork and spring had broken apart.

I ordered the new bushing, but now I can't figure out how to get it on there. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Has anyone come across this and if so how do you get separate that little fork from the spring?

Thanks,

-Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My car's doing the same thing, has been for about 4-6 months now. The dealership told me it'd be about $100 (canadian) to fix it. My clutch still works fine so I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I took a look to see how hard it would be to do myself and it didn't look worth the trouble.

wxguy95
02-26-2001, 06:17 PM
I figured it would run at least $100 here to get it fixed...

$8 for part
2 hours labor @ $58/hour

I see the bolt that needs to be removed (I think), I got the nut off of the bolt, but couldn't get the bolt out. Since it was getting dark, I decided to give up on it for the day and see if I was missing an easy, obvious step.

When I get this thing on, I'll post the steps on how to do it (unless someone beats me to it :-) )

-Mike