PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a Turbonetics T3/T4 from an Integra ?

S13wannabe
01-08-2003, 03:34 PM
My friend has one that he's going to give to me for nothing, it needs rebuilt. The only bad thing about it is it's not water cooled. Is it possible for me to use it, since it's actually for a Honda/Acura, and since there's no water jacket ?

Greaser_
01-08-2003, 03:46 PM
sure you could, but if you want to be it to be perfect you need to know the trim of the compressor so you can say yes or no. for the KA or SR the 46, 50, 54, 57, 60 trim TO4E compressors will work, each being chosen only for the boost level you wish to run and the modifications done to the motor.

so basically, yes. but find out the trim and tell us.

Evil_rps13
01-08-2003, 04:00 PM
If it came off an integra it's probably a 57 or 60 trim, Or maybee even a shhhh, to4b 60-1. Those are the most popular wheels for integra's.

Greaser_
01-08-2003, 04:18 PM
HAHHAHAHAHHA @ shhhhhh

S13wannabe
01-08-2003, 05:44 PM
OK, I just asked him what it was. He's not sure about the turbine, but he said the compressor is a 57 trim. Here's the thing though, I'm gonna have to pretty much replace all the internals on it. His oil return line was kinked and the bearings burnt up pretty bad, shop said the turbine was sitting in the downpipe when they took it apart. So would it still be worth getting the housings from it for free and replacing everthing ? I'll probably get it tomorrow and take a look at the damage. Anybody have a rough estimate of what it would cost me ?

Full_Race_Geoff
01-08-2003, 07:57 PM
if its a 57 trim its probably got a .63 a/r housing on it and that will work very very well for your car. If everything is blown up you will need an entirely new CHRA. If you want, the guy to contact on this stuff is louis anaya, at sr20performance. Tell him geoff from full-race sent you, hes a very good friend of mine.

S13wannabe
01-09-2003, 02:07 PM
Ok, next question: How do I hook this thing up to my SR ? I assume I just get some bolts that are the correct size to block off the water ? And then what about exhaust, I use a Trust downpipe which has the 3-bolt flange. Also, the turbo uses an external wastegate, so I'm gonna have to get a new manifold I guess....

S13wannabe
01-09-2003, 08:56 PM
come on guys, I could really use some help here...
I got the turbo, there's a little scarring on the turbine housing, I think it'll be OK though. I'm about to crack open the compressor right now, the fins are beat up, so I need a new wheel for sure. I was looking at the Turbonetics site, they list all the prices for parts as well as a nice diagram. I ran into a problem though, for the turbine there's 2 different types, big bore and standard, I have no idea what I need. Any recommendations here for what I should do to make sure I get the right parts ? I think I'm going to make some phone calls tomorrow to that guy Louis at sr20performance, and to Turbonetics.......that's probably the best place to start.