PDA

View Full Version : HICAS

**DONOTDELETE**
03-30-2001, 12:20 AM
Is it possible to convert my non-hicas car to hicas? Its a 91 LE. At the saem time can i do the VLSD also?

mzf
03-30-2001, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo:
For a high speed turn, the rear wheel will toe/steer opposite of the front wheel to turn the car into the corner faster. On the exit of the corner, the rear wheel will steer in sync of the front wheel to enduce a "4 wheel drift" for getting out of the corners. High speed lane changes, the system only induce the "4 wheel drift" for added stability against the backend from going infront of the car.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or in short, it makes it way more fun. http://www.freshalloy.com/ Atleast I think so.

BioSehnsucht
03-30-2001, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by evasion:

Why would you want to do that? I read somewhere that hicas created a weird feeling in the car during autoX. Like it understeers then oversteers or something like that...
I'm looking for a 240sx in good condition to buy, and I've ruled out many just because they had hicas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do most of the 240's have SuperHICAS? I'm wondering, because you say that you ruled out many cars because of it. Aren't they more likely to also have LSD (due to being the handling package) ?

[This message has been edited by carsonjon (edited 03-30-2001).]

JonCarson
03-30-2001, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BioSehnsucht:
Do most of the 240's have SuperHICAS? I'm wondering, because you say that you ruled out many cars because of it. Aren't they more likely to also have LSD (due to being the handling package) ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about evasion, but I prefer to start with a non Hicas model and then install the VLSD into it.

03-30-2001, 08:16 PM
In Canada, SuperHICAS cars were much more common, and yes they do come with LSD. In the States, SuperHICAS cars are not very common.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BioSehnsucht:
[B] Do most of the 240's have SuperHICAS? I'm wondering, because you say that you ruled out many cars because of it. Aren't they more likely to also have LSD (due to being the handling package) ?
B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mav1178
03-30-2001, 09:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asad137:
In Canada, SuperHICAS cars were much more common, and yes they do come with LSD. In the States, SuperHICAS cars are not very common.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, since the SuperHICAS commanded a $1800 premium over the top-of-the-line SE trim level.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
03-31-2001, 12:44 AM
Why would you want to do that? I read somewhere that hicas created a weird feeling in the car during autoX. Like it understeers then oversteers or something like that...
I'm looking for a 240sx in good condition to buy, and I've ruled out many just because they had hicas.

mzf
03-31-2001, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mav1178:
Yup, since the SuperHICAS commanded a $1800 premium over the top-of-the-line SE trim level.

-alex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do the packages differently in Canada for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if it was included in the handling package.