PDA

View Full Version : Power FC question/Atmoshere BOV

haxxord
01-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Just wondering dose the Power FC have a feture to compensate for BOV that vents to the atmoshere.. Thanks

TopFuel SR20DET
01-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Yes, it automatically compensates for that.

SRFiveTen
01-20-2003, 03:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
it automatically compensates for that

[/QUOTE]
REALLY???

power fc knows how much air was consumed from the values measured at the mafs.
but it wouldn't know how much air was lost through the bov unless you either:-
<ul type="square[/img] a) set up a mafs on the out vent of the bov to measure the lost air.
b) set up a mafs on the throttle side of the bov to measure the net mass of consumed air. [/list]

and even if you were to set up the extra mafs, power fc has no ways to accept that data yet alone process the data to improve its management role.

i'm aware of the identical question, but with a power fc managed rb motor. (well, it's an issue for the guy as the motor misbehaves when the bov lets off excess air)
as for the solution for this issue, ttbomk, isn't available in softwares. (i'll keep this post fav'd, if i hear of a solution on the rb motor, i'll fill you in)

meanwhile, others might suggest to recirculate or convert to map sensor/speed density/d-jetro, or both?

WAIT A MINUTE!
what if you convert the stock draw-through mafs to a blow-through mafs with bov on turbine side of the mafs?
could this be the key to having your cake and eating it too?

KmanSilvia
01-21-2003, 09:45 AM
For now I am running an atm BOV with my power FC. The FC does not compensate for it. However, the stumble is not that bad. It is only noticeable if I rev the engine at idle enough to blow off. Otherwise, the problem is only there when gear shifting and recovery is very quick once I get back on the gas. I measured the recovery time for the A/F ratio with my FJO wideband and it was about 0.2sec from when I got back on the gas to when the AFR went back to 12:1 which is not so good a response for drag racing but fine for driving on the street.

SRFiveTen
01-21-2003, 12:51 PM
i'm about to purchase the optional boost control kit for power fc.
i just read, *not* on the official apex-i site, so, i don't know how true the information is; that power fc can compensate for air lost through a bov if the optional boost control kit is hooked up.

haxxord
01-23-2003, 02:59 AM
Iam gona have the boost kit aswell..