PDA

View Full Version : Digital HUD....

lenso
04-03-2001, 07:18 PM
My friend told me about this digital HUD thing. Instead of a speedometer its a digital display on the window rite? I want the best of both worlds....can anyone tell me where and how I can get this thing????

**DONOTDELETE**
04-03-2001, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S13-SIL80:
My friend told me about this digital HUD thing. Instead of a speedometer its a digital display on the window rite? I want the best of both worlds....can anyone tell me where and how I can get this thing????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can try searching http://www.car-part.com for dash gauge or something to that effect. Use the non-interchange search to search from 91-94 the only years HUD was available I believe.
You will need the entire gauge cluster including the HUD projector. You can keep the analog speed gauge and add the HUD but you will still need to use the entire digital gauge cluster as the control electronics are located on the digital gauge circuit board. You will need to mount it behind the analog gauge cluster if you want to do this.

It is not easy but it has been done.

It would be easier to swap the analag gauge for the digital gauge cluster entirely. The digital gauge cluster is a little cleaner and has the Tach mounted dead center as opposed to offset as in the analog (more sports car like).

You will also need to buy some DIY tinting film to apply to the inside of the window above the HUD, to allow the HUD to be more easily seen. The HUD windsheild has this built in and costs $1200.

You can also go with the MDM-100 which is the same as the the HUD unit but has a few more functions.

Mike
92 LE COUPE (w HUD)