PDA

View Full Version : 5-Lug Conversion Questions: URGENT

turbobunny
04-05-2001, 07:41 AM
Ok, well everyone says that you need to replace the lower ball joints when you switch over the 5-lug components from an S14 to an S13....That's all fine and good...but where did you buy your S14 ball joints from?!?!?! 2 Nissan parts departments say that they only come attached to the lower control arm....So what do I do? Who do I call....Thanks!!!

J.J.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-05-2001, 08:57 AM
Napa should sell them, try that.

Like I said, I used my stock S13 ball joints and they still work. You just need to tighten them really well. PLUS, I dont have a lock-pin on mine.. eeeugh.

Eventually, I'll get the new ball joints.. but for now this is fine. They are held in with tons of pressure

- Mike

[This message has been edited by old_s13 (edited 04-05-2001).]

04-05-2001, 10:19 AM
A friend of mine got TRW replacement S14 ball joints from Kragen.

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turbobunny:
Ok, well everyone says that you need to replace the lower ball joints when you switch over the 5-lug components from an S14 to an S13....That's all fine and good...but where did you buy your S14 ball joints from?!?!?! 2 Nissan parts departments say that they only come attached to the lower control arm....So what do I do? Who do I call....Thanks!!!

J.J.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

turbobunny
04-05-2001, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! Anyone now if pdm-racing's control arms use the s14 ball joints? and will they fit s13's?

Thanks!

04-05-2001, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that they are just S13 ball joints (since they're S13 arms). Maybe if you ask real nice, he could swap the ball joints in a set for you http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by turbobunny:
Thanks for the replies guys! Anyone now if pdm-racing's control arms use the s14 ball joints? and will they fit s13's?

Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>