PDA

View Full Version : swapping in analog speedometer

nonissan
01-31-2003, 05:08 PM
i have da broken hud. do i need to do any rewiring to swap in an analog cluster? or do i just yank out the old cluster, connect the wires to the new one, and cover the hud thing on the dash?
on the hud, are the bad solderings on the back of the cluster or elsewhere (i don't know where else they would be)? and has anybody had success with resoldering these, besides that guy in australia?

Esporque
01-31-2003, 05:40 PM
This is a plug and play swap. The trick is to find a cluster from a car with the same engine as your car. IE if you have a 89-90 w/ the ka24e then you need an analog cluster from a 89-90. If you have a 91-93 then you need a cluster form a 91-93. The tachometers on the two series of s13's are incompatibile.

When you get the analog cluster you also need to get the cluster wiring harness. The harness is about 18 inches long and connects to the dash harness behind the center vent. Luckily you can reach the end of the harness when you pull out the cluster.

good luck!
Alex

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2003, 11:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
In response to

Poster: Esporque
Subject: Re: swapping in analog speedometer

This is a plug and play swap. The trick is to find a cluster from a car with the same engine as your car. IE if you have a 89-90 w/ the ka24e then you need an analog cluster from a 89-90. If you have a 91-93 then you need a cluster form a 91-93. The tachometers on the two series of s13's are incompatibile.

[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? When I bought my car, 1989 240sx Coupe XE with HUD installed with 92 ka24de. The original HUD cluster worked fine with the ka24de.

asad
01-31-2003, 11:38 PM
The tachs are different between the two. The SOHC tach won't work with the DOHC, and vice-versa.

ASad